ban impact wrenches

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-3934-Diesel-Injector-Socket/dp/tech-data/B002T54OWE/ref=de_a_smtd]Laser 3934 Diesel Injector Socket 21mm: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike[/ame]

gon, once more to really start my new year with a bang.:laugh:

Hoy !!!!! divnt yee start giving me grief, Swanning about on Holiday and all that sh1te, while i have been stuck here, slaving over this keyboard, fot the good of the Forum. Anyway have a look on Amazon yourself.

P.S Happy new year Alistair mate.;)

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Laser Tools 3934 Diesel Injector Socket 21mm

Happy new year to you and your's too Paddy. Unfortunately there was no swanning around just spending a lot of time with family and generally having a good time. Still no work to the 9th but may have to go out for a day to let the fitter in to get a truck up and running, a small bridge job to price and get a load of gear on to a street job in time for the Monday morning rush. I love being on holiday.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Hoy !!!!! divnt yee start giving me grief, Swanning about on Holiday and all that sh1te, while i have been stuck here, slaving over this keyboard, fot the good of the Forum. Anyway have a look on Amazon yourself.

P.S Happy new year Alistair mate.;)

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Laser Tools 3934 Diesel Injector Socket 21mm

haha, wish there was a fank feck button as I would have hit that as well.:)

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Will it stay on the gun better than the cheap draper one I have? Not sure of the benefit of that one Paddy other than you might stand a better chance of stopping before the nut and washer fly off the fitting.

Nice one Paddy, I just spent an hour trying to find that. Are you going to give it a try or what?

Dont know Alistair, they are getting more expensive, however, i think the underlining problem is with the Makita design.

The guy from 'Screwfix' gave me a direct phone number to them, i might give them a tinkle, and see what they say............Feck:mad::mad::mad:missed Mrs Browns boys, new series:sick:

FFS, I meant too watch that as well, my mrs loves it.

Another forum user told me this is the socket he is using and has done him proud for 2 years, the only thing he was using the hilti but off the top of my head I can't think off too many difference's in design. Obviously that doesn't mean there aren't any. I think I will give this socket a go, see what happens.

I have had the chance to try out one of the new Hilti SIW 14-A wrenches and first impressions are pretty good . I had been using a Milwaukee 18v for approx 8 months and could not really fault it in any way apart from one minor detail ...... it struggled like feck to strip anything that was erected with a Hilti wrench :mad: . The Milwaukee is rated at 250 ish Nm and the Hilti at 155 ish Nm , but , in real life these figures mean nothing and the Milwaukee ( sadly ) had to go as i was outnumbered 3 -1 by Hilti wrenches .

The new Hilti is slightly smaller than the previous version and weight wise it feels very similar , the batteries are up from 2.6ah to 3.3ah and i believe that the new motor is also brushless . It has 3 gears rated at 80 Nm , 130 Nm and 180 Nm , but , these figures mean nothing in real life - gear 1 gives approx 35 - 40 Nm , gear 2 gives 55 - 65 Nm and 3rd gear approx 80 - 85 Nm . Erect in 2nd gear and strip down in 2nd or 3rd seems to be the best option.

So far it seems like a decent bit of kit and i just hope it is a bit more reliable than the first version ( all of ours have been back at least once for repairs )

thought i'd add my bit,- but its gonna be a longer one than usual to make my point -sorry:)
about 2 years ago i saw a small local company useing them on a extention that my neighbour was having built, 3 things struckme
* fuuuck they're noisy
* fuuuck they look heavy to wear
*fuuuck how quick the job was going up
i never really thought more about them due to the cost,but last year a young lad came on the company and used it all the time for striking- and he was knocking down much more and a lot quicker than the more experianced lads, he used 1 battery in the morning and swapped it after dinner -so after a few weeks of watching this and to give my wrist a little break i decided to try. ebay £130
Yes they're expensive and heavy & awarkward to carry all the time but after a while they just become another tool to help you earn your money easier.
i havent experianced any saftey officer being awkward, niether have i put it in our method statement, i dont worry about the overtightening of the nuts because its never really seemed a problem, i've had rockapes working for me using spanners & you couldn't undo the nuts without swinging on them, better too tight then not tight enough & slip but like anything, experiance with the tool allows you to judge the same as you would with your spanner,
i think if the price came down ,most guys would end up using them.
again just cos its new tech to us dont foobar it till you've tried it.
I remember when you could only buy cheep £10 bolton spanners & used to fix the broken pin with a nail,and the new shape poker handles began to appear,and eerybody used to say wot a load of shiit i'm not paying £30 for a fancy handle,look at them today because they're the same guys with a gucci titanium,poker handle bihex box nail removing spanner which cost them nearly £100
time marches on,tools & rules change,better to keep up with the changes or stay a dinosaur & we all new what appened to the dino's dont we:toung:

ohhhh that white finger is so sexy,try touchin ur cock after using it & it almost feels like some else is doin it lol

i agree with southernpoofter on many factors cos ive had some similar experiences with them myself, the only thing i sumtimes struglle with is when u have a rite **** of job and cnt get onto fitting so u will always need ur spanner , other than that they are great especaily for striking . so qiuk . easy , and helps ur wrist out alot . ive only used the makita 1s havent had a chance on the others so the jurys out on what 1 is better .

Haha, still a dinasour, love my old bolton with bent nail,pricks me occasionally,reminds me im still alive

if some wrenchs over tighten whats the best to use wrench or impact drill

if you were stripping a job all day how long would the battery last on a gun has any oen got figure on how many bbolts b4 recharge?

or ahve an idea is it 10's 100's or 1,000's

Top Bottom