Are There Any Australian Scaffolders Out There?

Let me know how you come on please Leroy. Considering another trip back to Aus in the New Year if things are happening. Cheers mate.

Leroy ? Not an aussie or Brit Name as im aware ,whats your roots Fella if you dont mind me Asking ?

Not come across a Scaff called Leroy before,but time moves on ,Welcome !

Last edited:
Let me know how you come on please Leroy. Considering another trip back to Aus in the New Year if things are happening. Cheers mate.

You need to be out there. Most of the high paying resource sector jobs have an application system that can take months. CB&I have the Gorgon JV with Kentz. They are planning to mobilise a lot of scaffolders early 2013. Think they have the 3 trains and off plot works.

Aye Fred I know. But months you say??? Recently read some stuff on the delays you posted in another thread. Manpower was cited as the biggest problem I think. Ya think they would loosen the "months" of garigy and get people mobilized if they need bodies. i mean surly they don't want TOO MANY hacks out there (LOL) but I mean.... ya know. Anyway thanks as always mate.

Leroy ? Not an aussie or Brit Name as im aware ,whats your roots Fella if you dont mind me Asking ?

Not come across a Scaff called Leroy before,but time moves on ,Welcome !

Leroy came from the French Le Roi (The King)

Aye, was thinking they would be loads of guys doin it now indeed. Oh well, I am lookin at New Year if I go, and doing 9 day, all three levels to get me up to speed. Take it from there then I guess.

Like haveaspanner says mate you need to be in wa. Just jump on with a shutdown mob or a city mob while your waiting for the process I waited nearly 6 months to get on the last project I was on but it's worth it in the end.

Like haveaspanner says mate you need to be in wa. Just jump on with a shutdown mob or a city mob while your waiting for the process I waited nearly 6 months to get on the last project I was on but it's worth it in the end.

hello mate are you in WA now then? i'm at Banksia Grove :D

Tony Thomas of Sussex Scaffolding pty is looking for good men in the Perth CBD.

When you arrive - you will have to get a white card (similar to CSCS touchscreen test) then you will have to get a Licence to perform High Risk Work (If you have a part 2 blue card or an Advanced card then you can attend a 2 day practical and written assesment by a worksafe assessor called a conversion course - cost approx $1200. Then you will have to a Working Safely at Heights ticket which is a 1 day course at a cost of approx $120 but if you are a member of the union then it costs nothing. There are some projects which require a VOC "Verification of Competence" to be carried out due to the ease of scaffold training out here - If you have the money it is easier to get an advanced scaffold ticket than it is to get a Transpert ticket (those people that have been out here will understand what I mean.

g'day sf,

i'm an aussie scaff back home now, was in london from 2000 to 2006 started with trad straight away, for about a year, but got sick of old bacon face (bruce), then worked for benchmark for a few years heaps better company. noticed a few questions floating about regarding tickets. Aussie tickets not recognised in uk nor should they be, 95% of aussie scaff don't have enough tube and clip experience to jump in straight away in uk, ya have to bide your time and hump gear around for a while, so any aussies reading this be patient, work hard and be keen and the good old pom's will give ya a go, and you'll learn **** you never will back home. uk tickets and nz tickets not recognised in aus this is mainly due to different tolerances and distances, i know uk and nz scaffies receive more training and the courses are much longer,plus the license regulators in aus are greedy, so they'll be wanting money wherever they can get it. hope the weather improves for all you in the uk and take it easy. also any scaffies heading over to aus for mine work etc, it's just easier to get your tickets, than doing competency conversion courses, you wont get any hassles that way. one company i recommend for this the scaffold tool and training company in melbourne, the courses are shorter and the prices are cheaper without compromising the on the training. google them

Last edited:
citb are strange, when i did my advanced i was self employed & did an assessed route at weekends, i didnt have to have it signed by an employer, surely you can get a local firm to sign form for you?

on a seperate note me & my mrs wanted to emigrate to oz but australia dont recognize scafolding as a bonefide trade, i have been scaffolding for 22 years now, but it dont mean nowt :sad:

could you pass any numbers or contacts you may have in australia would still like to go, would prefer perth really thanks & good luck with citb:)

If you fancied New Zealand, You can do a 2 Day assessment through SARNZ, you must hold a current CISRS Advanced card, pass the assess and you get a SARNZ Certificate of Competence, which allows you to legally sign off scaffolds. I Immigrated from UK to NZ in 2007 and love the place.

yeah im an aussie scaff in queensland trying to get info'd up on this forum for future jobs etc

Top Bottom