AGENCY'S shape up or ship out.

u tell me a "top scaff who earns" £1400 a week house bashing??

its always been who you know, not what you know! always has been always will be!!! as for commercial scaffolding what your now stating phil, now thats different, those companys/contractors are alot of the time individual, partner or family owned firms! so its in there interest to want the grafters an men who know the job well, obviously!! the likes of powerstations, offshore,oil refinarys, are where the "who u know, not what u know" comes in! u stated the top scaffs always find the good work, am sorry phil but those are the top paid jobs, u cant earn the money on the street as u can on the powerstations etc, some commercial/street firms pay price where you can earn maybe near the same, but the average wage on street/commercial is not top money, therefore top scaffs are,nt earning the best money. little jimmy the gaffers nephew with 6month exp is earning the top money!!!!

Maybe if you're working 12 hours a day in some two-bob power station, living in a caravan.

Not my idea of a life, though...

that wasnt the point, the point is the good men never get what they deserve compared to the "jimmys" who know people! i do agree totally with good men stay in work, but all depending on what sites! an it aint fair, coz the good scaffs often dont get the chance to prove them selfs on good sites!

that wasnt the point, the point is the good men never get what they deserve compared to the "jimmys" who know people! i do agree totally with good men stay in work, but all depending on what sites! an it aint fair, coz the good scaffs often dont get the chance to prove them selfs on good sites!

Tell me an industry where it's any different?

yea, hswt £700 a week, £2800 a month! u only work 2weeks a month!!!??????............... £1400 aweek worked

yea, hswt £700 a week, £2800 a month! u only work 2weeks a month!!!??????............... £1400 aweek worked

Isnt a working week 5 days totalling 38 hours under a european directive?

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

And your putting in 12 hours for 7 days.

Isnt a working week 5 days totalling 38 hours under a european directive?

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

And your putting in 12 hours for 7 days.

The regulations limit the working time that an employee may work in a week to an average of 48 hrs.

You are able to work more than 48 hrs provided if you sign an opt-out agreement.

if all we wana work is 38hrs a week then we are in the wrong trade! personnely i would rather work as many hrs as poss, to better myself an family as iam sure alot of other men would?? this day an age you dont get that chance in most jobs.

if all we wana work is 38hrs a week then we are in the wrong trade! personnely i would rather work as many hrs as poss, to better myself an family as iam sure alot of other men would?? this day an age you dont get that chance in most jobs.

My philosophy has always been to work as few hours as possible for the most money and better myself and my family that way.

i will do whateva i can, wheneva i can. dont mind long days at all!

they are the power stations that power the houses with the meters that you put a two bob coin in. Dont tell me they dont have those any more i havent quite got over the insurance stamps yet.

ahahhhaah me marras granddad had me marras dad topping up the meter wid ten bob telling him it was a money box keep saving kid keep saving ahahahahahahh

i think theve changed all the pension. Stamps you need i think 25 years of stamp for a full pention. From this year no matter how much you have in a private pension you will get full state pention and council tax this way it makes it worth while putting in to a pension now in 1 way or another. I know atm me old lads ucel paid in to a priave pension and what he get now with having to pay his council tax and rent his worse off that what he would be on state pension ffs

Funny how no agency has passed comment on this subject!!!!!

Top Bottom