AGENCY'S shape up or ship out.

no umbrella company everybody gets there right back self employed still entitled to holiday pay

It's not the agencies or the firms employing them keeping the rates low.

What a trying to say if 1 angency can pay you direct why can't the rest it would be good to have are own agency but it wouldn't work because the others would under cut and before you no it you rates are down and were back to square 1 right or wrong

i know its just the general state of economy but the umbrella companies are ****

So, set up an agency and pay all scaffs a minimum of £20 per hour. Add the admin fees and you'll be charging the scaffold companies £22 -£23 per hour. Then there's holiday pay and future redundancy pay, employers national insurance contributions (as you are doing things correctly) this may push it up to £30 per hour. Then a competitor offers to supply the same scaffolding company at £20 per hour.......your out of business within 3 months owing scaffolders money you cannot pay because the HMRC is chasing you for PAYE and NI and your customers are taking 60 days to pay...

Redundancy pay from an agency? The liabilities would still be the same, just the rate would be as it should. N.I is deductible from the hourly rate, no? If its PAYE then you would be entitled to holiday pay also. If it was by scaffs for scaffs it would have to have all this criteria set in stone. If its going to be self-employed on an hourly rate, what's the point? Might as well phone ratwall for London bridge.

Well said Tom hit the nail on the head lets all hope this game gets better it can't get any worse nite all

Swifty you're firm use agencies

I think we've had this discussion before.

After putting an advert on here and the Jobcentre for two weeks I used an agency to fill the labour shortage rather than let down valuable customers and risk losing contracts.
As it turned out one of the two that turned up had previously been offered a job with us but wanted to stay with the agency.
They worked through the agency for 3 days and then subbed direct, they worked for a week or two and never came back.

Is that OK with you wan.ker?

I think we've had this discussion before.

After putting an advert on here and the Jobcentre for two weeks I used an agency to fill the labour shortage rather than let down valuable customers and risk losing contracts.
As it turned out one of the two that turned up had previously been offered a job with us but wanted to stay with the agency.
They worked through the agency for 3 days and then subbed direct, they worked for a week or two and never came back.

Is that OK with you wan.ker?

Did you pay digs?

I like the fact that agencies don't pay holiday pay but make £3 per hour I think we're missing the point here! What right do they have to come in our industry and dictate our pay rates! Because that's what this scum is doing! They go to firms and promis scaffs at £15 per hour and then try pay us £12 it's a joke but they get lads because of the bad economic times. God help our trade!!!

Top Bottom