AGENCY'S shape up or ship out.

Good point. What about if one agency such as Forefront the forums sponsors were bought on board. All the scaffolders would have to agree to only work for them. The other agencies would not be able to supply scaffs so Forefront would have the monopoly. Then all contractors in theory would have to go to them at an agreed rate or else take scaffs on the cards.

or other agencies could match or better forfronts monopoly
I think the best way forward is to support an e petition into government to shut the umbrella company how many signature do you need before the MPs have to discuss what we are talking about

I think the best way forward is to support an e petition into government to shut the umbrella company how many signature do you need before the MPs have to discuss what we are talking about

Not if the scaffolders wouldnt work for them. They would be like a pub with no beer!

Excellent idea lads,just what we need i wonder what FFS think of this or do we just sign up with them.

You would have to go on dragons den swifty but then they know more about screwing people more than anyone I know

you need 100,000 signatures to get a e-petition into parliment new reports from HMRC have said that there has been a rise of 300000 people going self employed so room for this to work

Last edited by a moderator:

10,000 mate then they have to look at it.

Umbrella

This umbrella thing is a total scam out of all the agency's I have worked for ash is by far the best money's always right they tell you how it is they pay you top rate and pay u direct no umbrella system my vote would be ash forefront and a few more agency's I could name should be doing the same the want to be like a proper firm start by looking after the lads instead of paying to get ur money each week with out us they would be on the dole que with us :eek:

you need 100,000 signatures to get a e-petition into parliment new reports from HMRC have said that there has been a rise of 300000 people going self employed so room for this to work

Sorry Steve I meant to quote you and I edited you by mistake.

No chance of an e-petition working, you wouldn't get the signatures for a start.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

There must be some good men working for agencies? You did once!

There are some excellent scaffolders working for agencies right now.
What do you say to the others?

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

This umbrella thing is a total scam out of all the agency's I have worked for ash is by far the best money's always right they tell you how it is they pay you top rate and pay u direct no umbrella system my vote would be ash forefront and a few more agency's I could name should be doing the same the want to be like a proper firm start by looking after the lads instead of paying to get ur money each week with out us they would be on the dole que with us :eek:

And a scaffolder run agency would still have to use them.

People are funny all agencies are the same! What gives ffs right to earn money off my work? Then not even pay holiday pay, if it wasn't for this scum we would be in demand and our pay rate would be a lot higher by now! They did this same thing in the haulage industry. Early 2000 shortage of drivers agencies get involved drivers out of work and fake jobs advertised, it's now moving into our industry. Yes I'm a union man and yes I want companies to employ lads and pay holidays! If it were up to me I'd ban the lot of them!!!!!

You may be right but no harm in tossing around a few ideas.Like I said on another thread until the c*ckheads are out of the industry the money will always be on the low side.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

People are funny all agencies are the same! What gives ffs right to earn money off my work? Then not even pay holiday pay, if it wasn't for this scum we would be in demand and our pay rate would be a lot higher by now! They did this same thing in the haulage industry. Early 2000 shortage of drivers agencies get involved drivers out of work and fake jobs advertised, it's now moving into our industry. Yes I'm a union man and yes I want companies to employ lads and pay holidays! If it were up to me I'd ban the lot of them!!!!!

The same right as any company makes money from its employees labour.

so the idea is flawed! because people would still fill there boots i bet there are a lot of other trades who would sign up (dare i say it) Bricklayers

Top Bottom