Advanced scaffolder refresher courses

Just a thought

Are the other construction trades brickies, joiners, M&E personel to included in this further training.

Or is only for scaffolders who are at present the most highly trained and documented workforce within the construction industry commanding the worst payment of all the trades. That are to be "re-trained"

rigger,i think your getting it.thats two of us,only all the rest to convince.:bigsmile:

you dont need to convince me what a lot of ******** that dave mosley needs shaggin constantly looking for ways to get more money out of us the game is fucked now think i will become a traffic warden get more respect

you dont need to convince me what a lot of ******** that dave mosley needs shaggin constantly looking for ways to get more money out of us the game is fucked now think i will become a traffic warden get more respect

Duties of Employers
Section 2
Provide and maintain equipment and appliances and systems of work which are safe and without risk to health.
Arrange for the safe handling, use, storage and transport of articles and substances.
Provide instruction, training and supervision to ensure the health and safety of employees.
Keep places of work in a safe condition without risk to health.
Provide safe access to and exit from working premises.
Provide and maintain a working environment that is as safe as possible and free from risks to health and safety, and in which the facilities and arrangements are adequate for the well-being of employees at work.
Provide a written statement of the general health and safety policy and bring it to the attention of all employees.
Consult the safety representatives of recognised trade unions about making and maintaining health and safety and to set up a safety committee, if two or more safety representatives request it.

I think you will find its a legal requirement for your employer to provide upto date training. You would be surprised how many managers & supervisors haven't got a clue about TG20:08 and TG4:04 so if they don't know hoes it going to be passed on to the scaffolders. Out of around 80 companies that turned out for yesterdays presentation only 8 of them realised that they should be carrying out pull tests FFS.

I have said alot in the past but i am under the impression that Dave is just a man put under that title to carry all the s*** aimed at NASC / CISRS.

He did a demonstration and yes as he has stated he is employed by CISRS ( which is as it stands is still the only reconised scheme) even if we all have other views on it. He also explained about ECITB and i understand what he did say as been stated on ECITB thread.

He also stated that more on site assessment is on its way.

Basiclly Im in deep thought right now BUT MAY I REMIND YOU THIS IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL.. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING.

keep your thoughts coming in to me.

A lot was learnt yesterday Steve and I would assume it may have given you a good few ideas to take to the upcoming meeting.

1 How to improve training
2 How to ensure SCCR members are kept informed of the ever changing guidelines
3 You could also incorporate a presentation on TG4:04

Hi lads first time on . Been in the game too many years , starting to get p---- off with knob heads telling me how i should be and should not be putting scaffolding up . Thing is now we have to do step aerobics as well as being on the end of a lead. Bring back the old days .
Advanced, if you have been doing it long enough and have a good name in the game , why would we need to go on some refresher course ,dont forget lads its the companys we work for who need to keep us up to date with any changes in legislations or working practices through memo or tool box talks,this would be my preferred method .
sorry lads but that is my rant for the day .

you on the floor on face book ,dont you worry your self ill earn your money alright kid

what ever happened to good old on the job experience.every day we toil to work out how to do a scaffold round something,under something,in something,out of something,and still its not enough.i understand the need for improvement.but somethings are to much.the people what say that we need refresher courses,arnt on the daily grind,sorting out what needs to be done,there and then.how can they refresh what we had to think about how to do a certain thing.if its free then fair enough,but as for paying for it,no fekin chance from me.i have paid for all my tickets myself,and at around £3000 FOR 1/2/ADVANCED.i think i have paid the price,and dont feel that i owe anyone any more money.no pay rise in how many years i cant remember,inflation up,scaffs wages,down.
p.s.why cant they send the updated legislations to us fre,so we can read all about it.

been comeing on forum lately and find my self getting more and more wound
up with all the fcuking ******** us scaffolders getting every day your robbing
the scaffolders industry blind its a bloody joke you dont even contribute just
take take take come on this forum for fun and a chat not to get wound up
by all the rubbish this industrys getting how about putting something back
instead of robbing us

Well said Numbnuts & Dico, i wont be paying for it either ill throw me cards in the dustbin. Why is it this scaffolding game is **** on all the time. What they need to do is get the cowboys out of it.

the day this lot comes in,i will be an ex scaffolder.to pisxed off to bother getting shafted any more,might learn to be a brickie,six week course at a college,and then onto £1500 a week dirtying up scaffolds with mortar.thats reality today,i wouldnt need retraining any more.

If rhe CISRS want me to do a refresher on my advanced card so be it , but they can pay for it . Enough is enough , time of work and paying for re training when you are working is bad enough what about the guys out of work .
This is not gonna take scaffolding forward this is just another money making scheme , absolute bo££ocks .

I agree totally guys,

The law
The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 requires you to provide whatever information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of your employees.
This is expanded by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, which identify situations where health and safety training is particularly important, eg when people start work, on exposure to new or increased risks and where existing skills may have become rusty or need updating.
You must provide training during working hours and not at the expense of your employees. Special arrangements may be needed for parttimers
or shift workers.
You need to assess the risks to your employees while they are at work and to any other people who may be affected by the way you conduct your business.

So bring on the training let the Employer pay, that would go down like a lead balloon.

I have my Advanced card.

I have never been sent any updates from the CISRS.

Why?

They control any changes, I am registered on the record scheme so send me an e-mail when you change something then I can pass it down to my guys. TG20 has not re-invented the wheel. I am sure I will be able to understand the changes so just e-mail them to me!!!

No cost in that.

& why the F**k do we have so much training & we are still not classed as skilled tradesmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Ragscaff

I think further training should be embraced by all scaffolders. I deal with scaffold designers and a safety advisor in our business. They both carry out a CPD meaning continuous professional development. Ot will mean that scaffolders are more professional than other trades.

we are more trained as it is now,but we still get knocked on money at every chance others have.do that to other trades,and they down tools.

but as everything except the most basic scaffold is being designed these days what training do we need :wondering:

but as everything except the most basic scaffold is being designed these days what training do we need :wondering:

Hit the nail on the head!!

As far as HSE is concerned I am trained to an advanced stage to read an advanced drawing. So just let me know when the hand rail height changes etc. Its not rocket science is it!!:D

Why do I need to pay out more money??

Ragscaff

I think one of the main problems is when updates do come in, some companies do not always inform the workforce.

In some cases (not all) this could be a simple TBT.

I was talkin to a lad 12 months or so ago and he thought the guardrail height was 915mm?? Been advance since early 80's..

Top Bottom