Advanced or Supervisor course??

It seems from what ive seen in the past
It seems that no matter who is in supervisor/manager
Even If that bloke has scaffolded everything and everywhere
To the highest possible standard
The scaffolder he is telling what needs doing always no better

Lol it the same siht again,ets just get all the cards with not enough expensive, these training centres are a jock, "if you've got the cash they will put you on any training course & obviously pass.
They should ask for minimum years of scaffold advanced experience with a reference check, as I've seen on this forum before, all carded up with little experience. This game needs to have rules regarding training and experience to reach the upper levels of scaffolding.

Construction is the only industry that does not recognise experience
All others seem to mechanics/welders/sparks/printers etc
In this game you can earn the same with 1 years experience or 40
Makes no difference all about how much you can do in a day

Im not debating wether experience makes you a better scaff of course it does i just want to know which card will get you the job, coz the reality is if you want a good job you need the cards. You could be a great part one but get floged to death where as if you`ve got the cards you instantly get the higher rate/job.
Anyhow ive booked myself onto the advanced course now then be saving the pennies for supervisor next year.
Hope they dont bring out a super advanced course lol

I am an advanced scaffolder and I also have the supervisor card . Anybody can do the supervisor course even your misses if she fancies it so good advice to get your advanced ticket first . It is true that if you flash your gold supervisor card people are under the impression that you know everything there is to know err definitely not the case .

Question for anyone, if a basic scaff got is CISRS supervisors card and put a gang of 3, 1 advanced 1 basic & 1 laborer to work with a design for an Advanced structure ie False work and the advanced scaff built the job,while putting the u heads in,the false work collapsed injuring the laborer.

Who do you think would be Liable off the ambulance chasers for the accident?????? the Advanced Scaff cos he built it before it collapsed??????

Or the basic supervisor who was supervising the erection of the Advanced structure??????

Answers on a post card........................................................................................

Mmm good question surely the supervisor in the eyes of the law would be responsible , but in reality this is how It seems strange , how can a basic supervise an advanced ? I am aware that some scaffs that are basics are metres above some of the advanced but personally I think to be a supervisor u should need a minimum amount of experience as an advanced prior to bein able to enroll on a supervisor course , jus the same as how could u be a contracts manager without having supervisor experience .
I've been advanced for 10 years and I very much doubt I know everything , I try to do my best and listen to the valid points if others , I'm a true believer in the fact that someone may have an easier way if only we listen

I think youll find you dont have to be a scaff to do the supervisor. Phone them up to go on the course and theyll book you on. Then you can be incharge of everyone, great. Makes you wonder why bother for years with all the portfolio NVQ shid when you can do a five day course n run the show or try too.

Exactly woodsie makes no sense , I think I'll send my missus on it she'd probably get em
To do a bit more too lol

I think youll find you dont have to be a scaff to do the supervisor. Phone them up to go on the course and theyll book you on. Then you can be incharge of everyone, great. Makes you wonder why bother for years with all the portfolio NVQ shid when you can do a five day course n run the show or try too.

Woodsie the numpty basic supervisor who was supervising would be up to his neck in the brown stuff in front of the man with the curly wig:D not the advanced scaff:rolleyes:::eek::p

Cos it would be proved in court that the supervisor wasn't competent to supervise the erection of an advanced structure,

Competence= experience / qualifications / knowledge & most importantly know your limits

Last edited:
i got one right! do i get a pay rise? or do i need a card!

Who would get the job scaff part 2 with supervisor or advanced?? coz these cards are bloody expencive.

It's people like woodsy who shouldn't be in this game, let's cut corners to get to the top, without experience in this game you are fcuk all

listen nobhed ive been scaffolding for 12 years im not cutting corners u prik just asking which course is best to try n get on in life whether they are nonsens courses or not they still get you work you ingnorant twet.
Im paying for the courses my self and doing them during my hollidays as i have done with all the other courses so makes sense to ask which one will get me a job dont you think numpty.

Last edited:
you've been scaffolding for 10 years, have a word mate, that dont mean you know everything,and if you think you do, thats your problem(not trying to be nasty,by the way)

:blink::blink:What coz i want to do a further course i think i know everything.

Now now kids pick up ya toys , I doubt he thinks he knows everything , and gettin on in life is a fair point .
We all want to do that afterall
Now kiss an make up before there's more virtual fistycuffs

Top Bottom