20 Scaffolders for Abu-Dhabi UAE

is 300 a day a good rate ? doesnt sound great for being in some desert filled with terrorists.you can get close to that in the north sea with overtime

head for the north sea mate if you can get 300 sterling a day there,you must have worked as a oim to get that money in the north sea,ive been in the north sea over a 10 yr period and i never got 300 sterling a day with o/t,that 2100 a wk,north sea only pays 2400 at the most for a 2 wk trip,84 hrs per wk-2 wks =168 hrs ,good luck to ya if ya can find that money

just asking like . i didnt realise it was tax free , it didnt sound a lot thats all . whats up have you bought yourself a wife over there

Yes no personal income tax in the ME...its not a lot if you have to get your own accomodation..........thailand lot of work there power station and refinery wise mate

just asking like . i didnt realise it was tax free , it didnt sound a lot thats all . whats up have you bought yourself a wife over there

ye your wife lol

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Yes no personal income tax in the ME...its not a lot if you have to get your own accomodation..........thailand lot of work there power station and refinery wise mate

who said ya have to get your own accomdation ?

head for the north sea mate if you can get 300 sterling a day there,you must have worked as a oim to get that money in the north sea,ive been in the north sea over a 10 yr period and i never got 300 sterling a day with o/t,that 2100 a wk,north sea only pays 2400 at the most for a 2 wk trip,84 hrs per wk-2 wks =168 hrs ,good luck to ya if ya can find that money
i m not saying you can get 300 a day in the north sea . my survival ran out this year and i ll be a happy man if i can get through life without ever working offshore again . full of muppets who can talk a job but not do one . all i was trying to say was it doesnt sound a lot more . i was getting 256 a day on bp platform about 5 year ago . that was without over time , uplift or bonus.i also didnt realise it was tax free which will obviously make a massive difference .i still think if your getting overtime and bonus or uplift you could be near on 300 a day in the north sea . some one posted on here last week that they were getting 3000 a month , that must be close to 300 a day

ye your wife lol

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

who said ya have to get your own accomdation ?

Most people have to find their own accomodation and get a bank loan to pay for it upfront thats just the way it often works. Dont know about this job though maybe the agency can advise?

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

i m not saying you can get 300 a day in the north sea . my survival ran out this year and i ll be a happy man if i can get through life without ever working offshore again . full of muppets who can talk a job but not do one . all i was trying to say was it doesnt sound a lot more . i was getting 256 a day on bp platform about 5 year ago . that was without over time , uplift or bonus.i also didnt realise it was tax free which will obviously make a massive difference .i still think if your getting overtime and bonus or uplift you could be near on 300 a day in the north sea . some one posted on here last week that they were getting 3000 a month , that must be close to 300 a day

Cant see our brave North Sea Tigers being happy about that one :eek:

well as you said you get alot of muppetts in the north sea,do you not realise that your talkin now on the internet which is full of even bigger muppets,the guy that posted he was gettin that dollar offshore must be one of does muppetts,cos offshore is like a graveyard this time of yr,good luck wit your adventure ,are you from cumbria by any chance?

only trying to get a bite man ,why cumbria?

Thought you was American till i put me specs on :amazed:

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

I think this thread has the potential to become one of the longest threads ever, even bigger than Fawley, Penbroke etc :D

From the original post the jobs due to kick off in June so should be going at least till then and maybe for the 4 months duration and then some till everyone comes home with the money or comes home without getting paid.
Still waiting for payment for work we did offshore in the Gulf over 9 months ago.:sick:

Thought you was American till i put me specs on :amazed:

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

From the original post the jobs due to kick off in June so should be going at least till then and maybe for the 4 months duration and then some till everyone comes home with the money or comes home without getting paid.
Still waiting for payment for work we did offshore in the Gulf over 9 months ago.:sick:

ive just spoken to a mate in dubai,hes checked out the companys data base,they ar pukka no worries,thats unusual for a oil company not to pay ,or the agency,if lads were gettin ripped from the agency ,the oil companys dont use them the last thing they want is bad ,publicity?

ive just spoken to a mate in dubai,hes checked out the companys data base,they ar pukka no worries,thats unusual for a oil company not to pay ,or the agency,if lads were gettin ripped from the agency ,the oil companys dont use them the last thing they want is bad ,publicity?

Same old story agency waiting to get paid from client so cant pay us. called back to back payment.

am pretty sure bacton is ready to start the regeneratition project of the whole plant mate 10years good work,shell are giving cape all the regen work at the moment and im sure cape are in bacton.good luck anyway with it lad.......................allan a make you right with the wages offshore too mate your day rate then overtime(if any going)havent heard of an uplift being paid for a while though mate.

Celticbhoy

Aye the up-lifts are getting few and far between---last time I heard of the golden hand cuffs were on the Buzzard last year for RBG...

Top Bottom