New SG4-10 Training

I know it does sound a bit mental but as I said for system it's actually very good. There is quite a few users on here been on them for a while now and all reporting good things. I suppose the minimum working platform thing is one of the reasons we still need to clip on but the advanced tunnelling method is the future for the t&f. As I still haven't received my copy yet and my memory is not as good as it was, I think it got a mention in the new guidance but don't quote me as I've seen that many different presentations lately I could be getting mixed up.

Has anyone actually seen the final draught of this yet?

I would hope so as it was supposed to be in place by the 26th November!!

Again changes have been made but no one is sure what to do, how to do it, is it safe?

How can this happen?

I am quoting labour only gangs for price work but if the client insists on the step up way of erecting I cannot do the work unless the price is increased at least by 15%! Also as I said personally I would not undertake the step up method.

Ragscaff

Again don't quote me I could be getting mixed up with tg20 but is it not from January?

In the presentation SG4 2010 was to be released in November which is the Industry guideline. So your guess is a good as mine.

Oh hope I don't get picked on for not knowing this?

Seriously when changes are made more info to those on the ground is needed, even if its January time is running out & we should know what's expected of us!

Ragscaff

NASC News

December according to the nasc website although it was meant to be on the 26th of November.

Last edited:
The official launch was last week but there is no copies as yet regarding specifics.

The problem with the TG 20 is the information is floored when you put it up to the standard BS5973 and BSEN 12811 and because these are still to this day the standard. The TG 20 will alway be a dream.

The minimum working platform is 600mm.The step 500mm how is this going to work? Remember the scaffolder will still need to be clipped on with his harness.Not a 1.75m fall arrest lanyard but a 600m fall restrant lanyard.

check your stuff mate they changed it to 500mm without telling anybody ill send you the slide for the powerpoint if you dont believe me.

Is it now the case that a 2 board wide platform becomes a working platform, as 500mm will only allow 2 boards.

if Any company is intrested in this training I would advise getting your dates booked soon as..

Hi Steve could you tell me if the working platform has changed to 500mm by the time you have erect the handrail of 50mm for the tube and 35mm for the thread of the fitting you end up with 415mm platform. This was hole point of the 600mm wide platform, if you do the sums from 600mm you end up with 515mm over the minimum by 15mm or am i reading this wrong

I aint exactly sure when it was changed to be honest. all i know is it was changed whist there was a major debate on a famous scaffolders forum about the step only being 500mm.

That info came from my mentor.

It seems then that the decision to change from 600mm to 500mm was taken not for the betterment of the scaffold erector or user but to accomodate the scaffstep. Surely if the step is their preffered option would it not have been wiser and better to insist the step changes to 600mm.

the steps are big enough to cart around the lift as they are!!!!

please dont put more ideas into their heads! ha ha!

i thought it came in as from december 1st, although i dont think anybody will state their life to this, i did hear that restraint lanyards would need to be used but i thought i heard 900mm was the size!

scaffold firms need to be notified of when the changes will come in and when we can be prosecuted from and for!

Another Jumblyfeck, springs to mind, regarding SG4:10 coming in. BS.5793 going out,TG20:08 that came in, in 2010. to replace TG20:05 that didnt work, in order to comply with BS EN :12811 :eek:

They tell me it's because of European legislation and the Brits are frightened they get left out in the cold which is fair enough I suppose but why are we the only country to enforce it? Have you seen the scaffolds when your on your holiday's.:eek:

They tell me it's because of European legislation and the Brits are frightened they get left out in the cold which is fair enough I suppose but why are we the only country to enforce it? Have you seen the scaffolds when your on your holiday's.:eek:

Whats wrong with the scaffolds at Whitley Bay like,:blink::blink::blink:

Top Bottom