would you work with a polish scaff (1 Viewer)

belive me fella sgb have got loads of them on victoria station well they did have trouble is if you learn them then they will replace you i dont blame the people i blame our goverment forletting it get out of hand.

Thats the thing if you show them how to go on you won't have a job for much longer if I had to work with a pole I would walk

Polishing Poles

Yeh I always Polish my poles! Makes my Scaffold look nice and shiny.:nuts:

Truth is I would work with anyone, When times were hard back in the day for Ireland we sought work all over the world. A lot are doing it now, gone to the US and Australia and I dont see any wrong in it. I would be some hypocrite to say different. And before ye say they work for less and yes that is true, but its the gaffers fault. He is the one who takes them on for that money.

I know what your saying but someone that will work for less a lot less is not the gaffer's fault part of his job is saving money it's the same when scaffolding firm's put in a price in for a job the cheapest quote get's the job that's the way it is I would not have a problem with the pole's if they did the job for a good rate of pay I come across a pole in southsea he would not go down a droper he was a scaffolder like me it's thing's like that

No its not his fault but it is his fault to take advantage of this. There is a set rate and he should stick to this. Not only is he abusing them but the system as well. I know what the Polish )not only polish) are like, Ive seen them come into sites and ask what people were on and then say they will work for half. It does sicken me to the bone.

We had around 50 of them on last years turnaround most were fukin hopeless,
but there were a few which were quite clued up, and you could have a good laugh with some as if they were one of your own, They made the same money as us which rattled a few people.

We had around 50 of them on last years turnaround most were fukin hopeless,
but there were a few which were quite clued up, and you could have a good laugh with some as if they were one of your own, They made the same money as us which rattled a few people.

You know what they say you get what you pay for :cheesy:

stuart

They helped us to win the war! we must be Europeans now men!
It's the Hammer thing that gets me? whats all that about!
The Ratchet is killing off Quality Scaffolders.

i never had problem with poles or other so called migrant workers until a lot of bad H&S issues arose, and they attacked inocent Northern Ireland fans . they speak very good english when talking money but when something goes wrong its " me no understand "! get em out now:mad:

They helped us to win the war! we must be Europeans now men!
It's the Hammer thing that gets me? whats all that about!
The Ratchet is killing off Quality Scaffolders.

I said the same thing stuart there is no skill in system scaffolds I worked for sgb most of there jobs went up in cup- lock no need to use a spanner once the base is in a five year old could put it up

I said the same thing stuart there is no skill in system scaffolds I worked for sgb most of there jobs went up in cup- lock no need to use a spanner once the base is in a five year old could put it up

Very true.

I've never seen any polish that were proper scaffolders ie tube and fitting, but lots that were good grafters with system.

If anyone knows any that are good with spanners though give us a shout, top scaffolders that will work for minimum wage would be a blessing at the moment

lol:D

Thats not entirely true it depends if you're going around a house or doing a complex job that needs you to use your nugget.

thats why i cant get a job cause all the poles i taking up the work !!! so if anyone nos of anyone that are talking on a exp scaffolders labourers in the london area let me no please!!! CHEERS !!!:mad:

Very true.

I've never seen any polish that were proper scaffolders ie tube and fitting, but lots that were good grafters with system.

If anyone knows any that are good with spanners though give us a shout, top scaffolders that will work for minimum wage would be a blessing at the moment

lol:D
True a lot of polish haven't got a clue when it comes to tube and fitting, but thats because england are one of a handful of country's that mainly use it.
Are country have the best scaffolders in the world because of this.
In Poland they do not use it , they use Layher and Haki so when they come over here they don't know what the fuk is going on and have to start learning all over again.

True a lot of polish haven't got a clue when it comes to tube and fitting, but thats because england are one of a handful of country's that mainly use it.
Are country have the best scaffolders in the world because of this.
In Poland they do not use it , they use Layher and Haki so when they come over here they don't know what the fuk is going on and have to start learning all over again.

Spot on decromax, How do they get there card's do they pay for part 1 and 2 with there own money are do they say we are scaff's in poland so they don't have to do there part 1 and 2 do they get scaff cards in poland

the vast majority were fast tracked,or assessed.my pals were at exxon fawley 2 years ago and were told that if they refused to work with them they would be payed off for being racist.i phoned up the same site last week looking for work and was told that the work force is now 60 percent polish.they put a british scaff with a couple of poles,its all ******* wrong it wouldnt be allowed in any other country

the vast majority were fast tracked,or assessed.my pals were at exxon fawley 2 years ago and were told that if they refused to work with them they would be payed off for being racist.i phoned up the same site last week looking for work and was told that the work force is now 60 percent polish.they put a british scaff with a couple of poles,its all ******* wrong it wouldnt be allowed in any other country
Thats not true . There are no poles working at Fawley, they went around 8 months ago they were on a short term contract for a couple of turnarounds.
And as for being fired for being racist. They all worked more or less separately from us. There were a couple of people who refused to work with them but as far as I know there were no threats of being payed off for being racist.
To tell you the truth I refused to work with them on a turnaround but this was for safety reasons, working in a confined space with masks and rubber suits was dangerous enough, let alone with a language barrier as-well.

Top Bottom