Might be the first girl to post?

Will this do it for you or what? Excuse you.

Images removed as requested - SF Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
Wooooww…I think we got our Forum pin up Girl…

Nothing like Jason,unless he's had a total make over and a magician of a plastic surgeon, the things some people will do to get back on the Forum :eek:

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Proper advice…ask the question Girl...

I hope not. I wanted to be recognised as one of the lads. But you kept thinking I was a troll. Why do I go to this extent to find out more for my "friend". He better be grateful. So like I said. Is there anything I can do for him? How does he move up the ladder. Will he be safe? Things like such. Obvs with your own experiences...

If taught properly he should be 'safe' ( obviously there's always some sort of danger involved) he can be qualified as a scaffolder in about 2 years but that's just having the card but due to experience he will still be looked as a trainee ( biggest catch 22 the ticket system ie having the qualifications dosent automatically make you a scaffolder but experience does it's the sore point of the trade in truth )

As for helping him apart from kicking him out of bed in the morning to make sure he turns up for work there's not a lot im afraid it's purely down to him if he wants to learn he will if he doesn't he won't but hes lucky to have you take an interest in him so pretty sure he will be grateful

Blushes. Stoooop. Thank you.

Yeah I know about the card thing since my dad has his own business as a plumber mainly but overall maintenance man. I think he owns a scaffolder card. Oh i see. Well he's been doing it since he left school so maybe 5 years or so.

Plus the more i learn the more i can spit it out in conversation. Impressive.

Get yerself a cuppa coco curl up ad go thru forum archives,thousands of hours of info technical n safty guidance. advice and experience. Riviting stuff for someone that needs to know all.

Oh lord. I've been doing such and thought it be easier to ask out right. The only thing I've learnt so far is transoms and edwoood is a ********.

I will do so right now though.

Update: he's a labourer. Only been doing it for 2 years. Wtf. There is a big difference. Idiot.

I've learnt quite a bit from reading the threads. He's impressed.

Now that we know I'm a girl I am going to delete the photos.

Thanks for all the replies guys. :)

Last time I spoke about scaffolding was to a bird I was seeing turned into a right row she thinks all we do is shirt off, whistle at women and get plssed/ drugged up and want to fight each other!!! How the hell she thought that I'll never know........,

Nah good news then he should be able to do part one course which is about a grand but with the increase in £££ he should make it back in a month or so well worth it
But he should be think of it with out you having to nudge him if he wants to seriously be a scaffolder

That is what you do. Don't lie. ;)

Yeah he said he wants to do it soon so he can get on his part 2. Apparently he thinks it takes years. After reading through hear the minimum is 2 years - right on track. Work will put him through it he says. I'm only nudging him because once he gets those tickets he should be able to earn more - therefore quit his other job. I don't care about the actual figure of his salary. I earn my own money. I care that he has two jobs and works him self to the bone.

Too true In the eyes of the scaffolding law it's actually only 6 months exp before you can attempt part 1 ( which is going to change to 2 years exp in April according to my mukka Southern poofter ) but tell him don't worry he can't fail the course they are there to teach you!!!

Fook 2 jobs I can just about do one lol

See? Did my research!! Haha. Exactly. But you probably earn double being advanced, so no need for another job. 😊

How the eff do I delete them from the thread. Eugh.

Last edited:
Advanced earns double a labourer BUT............ He's got to have bit more exp before that happens I've been doing it on and off for 12 years nearly and I'm not an advanced card or knowledge so.......

Top Bottom