Algeria... The lies end HERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know many more details but lets be honest fellas, the job was nothing to get excited about anyway..

Cape plc, the international provider of essential, non-mechanical support services principally to the energy and mineral resources sectors, today provides an update on its GL3-Z LNG project in Arzew in Algeria ("Arzew Project").

The contract, awarded to Cape in 2010 by Snamprogetti Chiyoda s.a.s. di Saipem S.p.A., is for the provision of the total insulation works for the Sonatrach GL3-Z LNG Project. Based on the results of a review in February 2012, and as indicated in the Company's 2011 results announcement in March 2012, the timing of the work releases on the Arzew Project had been slower than expected with revenues in 2011 less than one-third of planned levels. With the mechanical completion date being unchanged, it was also explained that it had been necessary to significantly increase our manpower on the project.

A further project review was held in mid-April during which no material concerns were highlighted by the project team. Given the size, location and management of the project, Acting CEO Brendan Connolly deemed it appropriate to conduct an operational audit in mid-May. This further review has identified additional costs arising within the Arzew Project, which as a result is currently projected to produce a significant loss. The Board has instigated a plan to mitigate the potential losses on the Arzew Project including the injection of a new project team, the introduction of additional skilled workforce and the rigorous application of Cape processes. However, based on the latest available estimates, Cape intends to recognise a one-off charge of £14 million in respect of current and estimated future losses on the contract, which will be charged in the Interim Accounts for the six months ending 30 June 2012.

The Company now anticipates that its profit before tax for the full year ending 31 December 2012 will be reduced by the above one-off charge. Cape reiterates its previously issued guidance for revenues for the full year ending 31 December 2012, which is unchanged.

It sounds to me following this announcement that "scotontour" arrived on the job tried to do the right thing by getting some quality scaffs over to assist with the locals and to improve the quality, safety and production.

Following this great idea this internal audit has obviously been carried out and everything has been put on hold through no fault of his own, he was just trying to sort the job out.

If he did have a fault it is lack of communication, but he was probably told that the reasons everything was on hold could not be divulged as it could have a significant impact on the company, as shown by the share price drop today.

An old work mate of mine flew out yesterday to that very same job for Cape!

Sounds like the job was a goer after all...

Or possibly it has been a cunning plan by Cape all along. Maybe together with the British Secret Service they came up with a cunning plan to thwart Al Quaeda in Algeria. This counter terrorism plan involved recruiting men from the forum, having their names and expected mobilization dates publicized on the forum so that the terrorists would devise a kidnap plan and track movements via the forum. This kidnap plan would then prove useless as the planned mobilization was cancelled whilst Cape secretly flew Phil181s mate out to do the job.Leaving the terrorists stood at the airport empty-handed.
After all one of Capes slogans is "Intelligent solutions for industrial services".
Or have I been in the tropics too long with nothing to do but waterski?

Last edited:
Hi guys...

Disclaimer: Before i start, im getting drunk and im going to speak from the heart and tell the truth about the 'Algeria' thing... and im also REALLY f.cuing angry... more then i have been in a long time, far more then the threads that have been posted about me of late

This original thread started that:

or found here >>> click here <<<

Now... a good few hundred Scaffolders applied for this job, including Myself and Garry Adams... 6 was picked.

The member Scotontour or, as some might know him as: Craig Stephen is the supposed 'Project Manager' on this project... but to be fair, he couldn't organise a 10 year olds birthday party in McDonalds.

Ive worked for some really really REALLY bad Firms in the past and the 'so-called' communication from this guy has been dreadful... boarding on shiite.

Each of us 6 contacted each other and struck up a friendship.
I grew close to each bloke and i now consider each of the other 5: Ben, James, Graham, Garry and Stuart a friend.
We texted every other day and spoke on the phone a few times a week, including Skype chats.

Craig/Scotontour works for Cape East... which apparently are a 'professional' Company.

Let me set the fact straight: They are a total f.ucking joke.
We, us 6 (inc. Me) had to chase them up, had to ring them, had to sort things out ourselves... something that THEY should have done, from the start.

Cape East and the Management that Craig Stevens offers is the biggest farcical waste of time ive ever known in all the years i have been Scaffolding...

In the last few months, which i should have already been in Algeria working, had to chase them up for everything... They was late sorting our Visa's, they was late sorting everything.

First, they dumped Stuart... without even offering an explanation nor a sorry... then Garry pulled out, due to the job not seeming all it was.

Which left us to the last 4. Myself, Ben, Graham and James.
We ALL stuck in there, all remained loyal and hopefull that this job would come off.
(Even after Garry left the crew... and i KNEW that if a Scaffolder of Garrys standing had second thoughts = something was wrong)

We all paid money on things for the trip.
We all f.ucked our existing employers about...
We all messed our families about.
We all made ourselves look stupid, by believing this was a 'so-called' opportunity.

It was not...
It was a piss take.
It was a f.ucking joke.
It was a debacle of epic proportions.

The Algeria job is NOT going to happen and if it does, id hate to think that the monkies working for Cape East, ie: Craig Steven and Brian Summers would even be-able to guarantee our safety and wellbeing, if we did go... let alone make sure our wages were paid into the bank each month.

I posted this thread as a fore-warning to others looking to work for Cape East and Scotontour/Craig Stevens.

Beware this man.
He brings ignorance and incompetence to a whole new level...

I mean, even after Garry pulled out, some 3/4 weeks ago they STILL sent him an email today, explaining the job was off for the next week, maybe indefinitely.

How thick are these c.unts??? :worried:
Do they not communicate?
Not even a little??? :suspicious:

So, for me the Algeria job is off, for good.
I will NOT be going... and ill continue to work as i have been for D&R (Rail Div.) in London, until another job comes up abroad.

I dont care about 'burnt bridges' nor do i care about comebacks.
My Spanner on site does my talking and im VERY confident in my abilities at work to post this thread with my head held high.
Theres not a Firm in the world who will stop earning money for myself or my kids... f.uck Cape East and f.uck Craig.

I only feel sorry for those other guys... my new friends who have given up and joacked in alot more then me, to be let down time and time again for these knobs who are running the LNG/Arzew Algeria job.

I still like to keep in contact with my new found mates, Garry, James, Ben, Graham and Stuart.
I WILL keep in contact with them.

Replies?
I dont give a f.uck...

Comments?
I dont give a f.uck...

Sarcasm?
I dont give a f.uck...

All i care about is that the guys here KNOW what putting time, effort and faith into Cape east means...

It means NOTHING.

They are NOT to be trusted.

Thanks for your time.
Jason Gibbs.

I came across this guy when he was a Director at a company called Pyeroy, ffs a Director!! Decent company as well. Mind you I've just been told a guy call Linsey Harle is a director there now so they must be giving these titles away in cornflake packets. Bullsh1t baffles Brains!!!

Or possibly it has been a cunning plan by Cape all along. Maybe together with the British Secret Service they came up with a cunning plan to thwart Al Quaeda in Algeria. This counter terrorism plan involved recruiting men from the forum, having their names and expected mobilization dates publicized on the forum so that the terrorists would devise a kidnap plan and track movements via the forum. This kidnap plan would then prove useless as the planned mobilization was cancelled whilst Cape secretly flew Phil181s mate out to do the job.Leaving the terrorists stood at the airport empty-handed.
After all one of Capes slogans is "Intelligent solutions for industrial services".
Or have I been in the tropics too long with nothing to do but waterski?

Don't know about the water ski'ing HSWT, it's been around 25 degree's here all week and the boy's are all grafting on Mull and I am off on the jet ski in about an hour.:cool:

I will but the sea will still be around 5 degrees so still need the wet suit, well what do you expect in Scotland we don't tan just rust.:noworry:

I will but the sea will still be around 5 degrees so still need the wet suit, well what do you expect in Scotland we don't tan just rust.:noworry:

You'll come out spray tanned if you hang around that fitting shed much longer:D

whooohoo!! ive just been awarded a directorship with a very big industrial services contractor dont want to mention the name ;)
i was feeling a wee bit peckish around 3 and decided a wee bowl of cornflakes with cold milk on a hot Glesga afternoon would do the trick.
I had to open a new box and when i started pouring a big a4 peice of paper fell out i thought what the feck and picked it up.
you will never beleive it but yes the daftscaff is now a director of i will give youi all a clue its one of the big 3.
i will do my upmost to help my fellow members although alan reade garry adams and have spanner should not apply as they know too much and may overrule or question my corporate decissions.
send cvs to crunchynut@yipee.**** ;)

I came across this guy when he was a Director at a company called Pyeroy, ffs a Director!! Decent company as well. Mind you I've just been told a guy call Linsey Harle is a director there now so they must be giving these titles away in cornflake packets. Bullsh1t baffles Brains!!!
He got Sacked at Pyeroy, and he will get the bullet at Cape, the guy is an idiot, arrogant prick, nobody I have ever met as a good word to say about Craig Stephen !!!!

He got the Director who employed him at Pyeroy the sack, he is one horrible c#nt, beware of the name lads and don't get involved with him!!

nae si daftscaff

Have a good rumage in the bottom of the Corn Flack packet you might find a Ticket to put up System Scaffolds old bean :nuts:

The Project is indeed under New Management and normal service will be resumed as soon as Possible no doubt...

Cape Plc lost Millions on a Job in Invergordon, Millions in Algeria and perhaps Millions in other Global Locations---in the interest of Share Dividends this practice must be addressed :worried:

Funny *******

I contributed to some of that loss

so did i,i knocked back a job with them ;) with my blistering pace i would have saved them fortunes :eek:

garry dont talk to me about taking a loss ;)
ive had more kicks in the baws in this game than most.
thats probably why they are so big,theyre still swollen :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom