Ecitb scaffs tkt

cheers m8 got me abit worried there feel sorry for the lads that have got to do there training again l paid for all three course,s there would be no way of me paying or doing them again
Its no just the courses ,its the cost while your at them if your firm won't pay you. Then its another £400 for the 2 day assesment when you finish ,a complete take on from start to finish, all in if you average £120 a day on the tools it cost £3840 in lost wages and £4900 for the courses based on them being about £1500 each and £400 for the assesment total of £8740 ,thats a lot of dollar to be treated like an idiot when you get on site , would everbody agree thats a fair estimate ?

thats without accommodation and petrol.they can **** there self theres no way i would paye to do course out of my money.not in a million years.23yrs working in dust oil **** aspestos.good nos what **** weve picked up over the years to be told sorry ur ticket ante valid.ive learnt what ive learnt from the best of the best.exsperienced men.not a ******* 20 day course.

Letter recieved today from damian collins mp for house of commons.....
Dear mr dico
thank you for email about the need for you to take up an nvq course for the cisrs (construction industry scaffolders records scheme).
I do of course have sympathy with your predicament. Unfortunately the cisrs sheme is the only reconigned training scheme in the industry and is acknowledged as the definitive qualifiation for anyone working in or around the scaffolding sector.
It is essential that scaffolders hold the cisrs card so that they are instantly recongnised as complying with industry standards, best practice guidence and regulations. employers will not take on scaffolders who do not hold this card.if you wish to find out more about the courses being offered, please call the cisrs hotline on 08448157223. Courses are held over 2 consecutive days and includes a minimum of 12 hours tuition, practical exercises and examination.i am sorry i can not help you but trust the information i have supplied will be of some assistance for the future.
Yours sincerely
damian collins mp

once ragscaff sccr address is up and running ill send a copy.

yes but legally cisrs do not ven have a program to follow on training as long as the units are covered over the duration of the course... to this day its still the CITB course all nasc/ cisrs have introduced is SG4 and circular splay scaffolds. the rest was already in place..

We All have the goverment to thank or not thank for NVQ. they brought it in.

Hi Guys

As i am a new Forum Moderator, i realise i should not duplicate postings. However, i would like to address the larger community, to try and clear up any mis-understandings presented by myself.

After i post this, i will have to moderate myself:eek:

I will remove the original post from 'Free Training' to here.

The reason being (Moving this post) is to Address the Major thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
l have a advanced card which l did in 1993 this was not done through the assessed route and also was,nt done as a NVQ spoke to a lady at CISRS and she said the NVQ was,nt around untill 1996 my card runs out at the end of the year and said to her will it effect me getting my card renewed she said no

Good mate,

Dangeruss also confirmed that the CISRS had no plans to make the NVQ a essential from 2012, for those that have not got them.

However, i acted in a way, that too me, was essential to let my fellow Scaffolders aware of the coming proposal.

I recieved the information, Firstly by a Site Manager undertaking his NVQ 4. In order to confirm his allegation, i collared the NVQ Assessor on his next visit.

I questioned the Assessor on the Need for a NVQ by 2012, and even Categorised my questions down to CISRS. His answer was affirmative, you will need one included.

Going off piste a bit, with the Assessor, i relayed our concerns and intended actions, regarding the ECITB fiasco, and gave him a rough introduction about www.scaffoldersforum.com and the SCCR.

If he visits again (Outside Consultancy) i will ask him to explain his source of information, or i will name and shame his cosultancy and report his Scaremongering to Construction Skills/CSCS.

May i state again, i acted in what i thought was the best intentions for the Forum members.

Regards

Paddy

I have now been moderated by myself:laugh:

Penalty:- 250 lines to SF admin by 08.00 AM 'I will not Duplicate Posts';)

Regards
Paddy

Hi Guys

As i am a new Forum Moderator, i realise i should not duplicate postings. However, i would like to address the larger community, to try and clear up any mis-understandings presented by myself.

After i post this, i will have to moderate myself:eek:

I will remove the original post from 'Free Training' to here.

The reason being (Moving this post) is to Address the Major thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
l have a advanced card which l did in 1993 this was not done through the assessed route and also was,nt done as a NVQ spoke to a lady at CISRS and she said the NVQ was,nt around untill 1996 my card runs out at the end of the year and said to her will it effect me getting my card renewed she said no

Good mate,

Dangeruss also confirmed that the CISRS had no plans to make the NVQ a essential from 2012, for those that have not got them.

However, i acted in a way, that too me, was essential to let my fellow Scaffolders aware of the coming proposal.

I recieved the information, Firstly by a Site Manager undertaking his NVQ 4. In order to confirm his allegation, i collared the NVQ Assessor on his next visit.

I questioned the Assessor on the Need for a NVQ by 2012, and even Categorised my questions down to CISRS. His answer was affirmative, you will need one included.

Going off piste a bit, with the Assessor, i relayed our concerns and intended actions, regarding the ECITB fiasco, and gave him a rough introduction about www.scaffoldersforum.com and the SCCR.

If he visits again (Outside Consultancy) i will ask him to explain his source of information, or i will name and shame his cosultancy and report his Scaremongering to Construction Skills/CSCS.

May i state again, i acted in what i thought was the best intentions for the Forum members.

Regards

Paddy

I have now been moderated by myself:laugh:

Penalty:- 250 lines to SF admin by 08.00 AM 'I will not Duplicate Posts';)

Regards
Paddy
Consider yourself moderated Paddy, we still love ya xx

Consider yourself moderated Paddy, we still love ya xx
No worries Paddy, had this NVQ bloke not given you this information none of us would have been any the wiser, it could still be true I only have the word of a manager at the CISRS centre, but at least now we are ready and can prepare, thats the beauty of the foum, initial confusion usualy ends in somebody getting the right information . Anyway got to go Holidays.

End of the day whatever changes they make we currently have to swallow our pride and empty our pockets,to stand a chance of remaining in work,a load of 8ollox in all our opinions.This will never change unless something independent can be set up to provide an alternative training facillity governed by scaffs itself,they are the real people who know what is really required to produce a good practical based course.The bodies that be would proberly never allow this as the gravy train they ride on would be in danger of losing the vast amount of money it generates from us having to complete course after course because they SAY SO.How can a few people have the power to effect so many by keep moving the goalposts...its almost communism..Why do we never have a choice.

E-mail sent to David Mosley NASC

Dear Mr Mosley,

I am writing to you to invite you as a speaker at our next meeting with the HSE. It will be held on either the 26th or 27th October at the HSE office in Birmingham. The agenda includes Training & Advanced rails. We would welcome your input & look forward to your comments we are waiting on in regards ECITB.

If you let me know which day you can attend so I can confirm with the rest of my committee.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman S.C.C.R.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

E-mail sent to the CITB

"Dear Mr Mortimer,

Following my e-mail of the 19th July, of which I have not had a reply.

I have recently been involved with the set up of the S.C.C.R. & we would very much like consultation with the CITB on issues concerning our Industry.

We have a meeting set up with the HSE in October & would like someone from the CITB to attend as the agenda includes training, CISRS & advanced rail issues.

Please let me know if you can attend.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman S.C.C.R"

Reply from the CITB

Dear Mr Quinney

Please can you advise as to what S.C.C.R. stands for and any further information you can provide in relation to this. Also can you let me know the date and location of the meeting in October so that I can advise further.

In relation to your previous query, there is an Apprenticeship Route for a CISRS card but this is not a new route. Further information on the requirements are available of page 12 of the CISRS Scheme Booklet via the link below:

http://www.cisrs.org.uk/documents/Cisrs_Cap_609_000.pdf

Many thanks.

Garry Mortimer

E-mail sent back to CITB

"Dear Mr Mortimer,

SCCR Stands for Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights. We are based from a scaffolders forum on a web site & have 2700 members on this so far. Our first year target is 2000 scaffolders , 1000 scaffold companies, 20 suppliers & 10 agencies.

Our members are not happy with the way the Industry is going & wish more consultation, hence the meetings.

Hope this helps.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman"

A letter to the HSE regarding my new Appointment.

My name is Patrick Carr i am a UCATT Safety rep and member of IOSH with the post nominal Tech IOSH.

I have currently undertook the role of Health,Safety and Environment development Officer, within the newly formed Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights (SCCR) of which Stewart Quinney is our elected Chairman.

The background of this Confederation, i believe you are aware of.

My role hopefully, will be able to Correspond with you, and relay any information to the members of the SCCR, that is in their major interest.

In my current workplace i sit on the H&S Committee, as a result of Michael Brown HSE Inspector, enquiring about my companies provision for 'Worker Involvement'. I also have had the pleasure of attending TUC/HSE Training days. I have met with some of your Colleagues,namely, Carol Forster and Jonathon Willis both HSE inspectors, and have been consulted by both.

I for one cant see why the 'worker involvement' Program can not be adhered to a Job specific based Forum, containing over 2,700 individuals, that would in the majority would like to be involved in the process of Consultation regarding new practices and changes to the criteria ie ECITB,NVQs and Training practices.

Mr Quinney has E-mailed NASC,ECITB and CISRS and enquired about many aspects regarding the current state and future proposals of gaining a CISRS Scaffolders card. At this present time, all replys have been of a negative attitude, however, i would like to think we (SCCR)could impose on your heavy workload, and have a Voice in the consultation period.

I look forward to any response.

Best Regards

Patrick Carr Tech IOSH

HSE Development officer SCCR

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

The Consensus is deafening by its silence:eek::eek::eek: We were trying for YOU:sad:

thankyou ragscaff.and paddy for ur inputs.its appreciated up the sccr.

To patrick carr I am Grad IOSH
NVQ Level 4 qualified
CISRS Advanced scaffolder,SVQ advanced Scaffolder,Scaffold inspector
Do you know of any scaffolding company or a construction company who are looking for someone like me who has these safety qualifications,I am finding it difficult to obtain work in a safety role.
I intend going for my CMIOSH in March 2011

Thanks Ragscaff and Paddy for all your efforts thats everyone written to now, have u got a venue sorted out for October yet, wonder how many will have a bit about them to show or will choose to hide behind there credentials already. Have we got application form done yet for the SCCR. Thanks again and roll on the revolution :bigsmile:

To patrick carr I am Grad IOSH
NVQ Level 4 qualified
CISRS Advanced scaffolder,SVQ advanced Scaffolder,Scaffold inspector
Do you know of any scaffolding company or a construction company who are looking for someone like me who has these safety qualifications,I am finding it difficult to obtain work in a safety role.
I intend going for my CMIOSH in March 2011

Hi Blueger

Sorry mate, heard nothing on the job front.

I presume with you being Grad IOSH, you still recieve SHP monthly, as i do. The job section in there used to be 30 pages plus, however, there iant a great deal of H&S jobs going at the minute mate.

You could keep your eye on the Job section contained within this Forum, and also register on HSE people (Google it its free) also there is the Oil and gas offshore website, as well as IOSH itself.

I apologise for the lack of assistance, however, best of luck for the future, and i hope you achieve CMIOSH.

Regards
Paddy

Top Bottom