Ecitb scaffs tkt

Dico try this you might get somewhere!!!:nuts::nuts:

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSc6shpuHqQ"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSc6shpuHqQ[/ame]

I totally agree with the above. In my opinion ECITB card holders should be able to sit a 2 day assessment and the touchscreen test and be given a CISRS card. But have to disagree with ragscaff on the two day product knoledge you only have to look at the cuplok pictures I posted the other day to see that these courses are necessary for some
I have to say when I started out I built some proper Heath Robinson scaffolds (loosest term) .It wasn't until I did my training that I learned the principals and theory behind the practical day to day scaffolding stuff, the guys I learned from all got their cards on grandfarther rights and though they new what looked right and stayed up ,it wasn't really right at all just a best guess and mostly over engineered. They used to say "when this aint turning, we aint earning" I prefer "don't stop learning or you won't be earning" its just the way its gone.

looks like me in the morning got more hair though.lol

ECITB & CISRS are two seperate bodies.
Scaffolding training started in the UK in the 1960’s but formal training and the issue of Scaffolders “card” started in earnest in 1979 when the Part 1, Part 2 and Advanced training courses were introduced by the Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme (CISRS). In 1996 National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ) were introduced and since then there was a requirement for Scaffolders to complete both the practical “off the job” training courses and the NVQ (which is an assessment of competence) before being issued with a CISRS card.

CISRS was the first trade to affiliate to the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) in August 1999 and in April 2001 CISRS introduced a card renewal scheme which requires card holders to update their card every 5 years after completing an up to date CSCS Health and Safety touch screen test. In 2007 the requirement was introduced for Scaffolders to be training separately in systems scaffolding (eg: Cuplok, Kwikstage, Layher, Haki etc) along with Scaffolding Supervisor training and in 2010 CISRS introduced Basic and Advanced Scaffold Inspection training. CISRS is the preferred scaffolding qualification of all the major organisations including CSCS, NASC, HSE, UKCG, T&G, UCATT and the largest scaffold systems manufacturers.[/QUOTE

HI xx ian xx

Re;- lapta 112 it probably was 1979 that the grandfather rights were issued to scaffs but there was also a cut off date when the company you worked for could no longer apply [thanks jimmy FWM] but if you remember there were certain disciplines that gave you the card you were issued .

1. advanced scaffolders card [ if you were capable of erecting/dismantling rope cradles then you were issud an advanced card ] unbeknown to citb a lot of old scaffs [ ie" the old palmers lads] were expert at pole cradles nip and tuck with the bonds but knew very little about tube and fittings that was soon amended to include [shore,s cantilevers, hangers] but as i said before none of the legends see other thread took it seriously.

also 1983 i started my own very small company every time i invoiced one of the bigger firms i supplied scaffolding to there was on payment from said company a deduction of 2% for the citb

roughly about that time the rumour going about was that the citb were going bust namely from the big companies [taylor woodrow,j laings ,wimpeys etc,] were holding back on thier citb 2%s which all the small firms were stopped on payment of invoice henceforth the citb had to generate income from somewhere step forward to 2010 this is why health and saftey is now such a big aspect of the construction industry all be it a necessary part of our lives as scaffolders

remember YOU are your own saftey officer

lapta

sorry lads a bit long winded sad but true

I have been doing a little research on the NVQs in relation to scaffolding and have found an awarding body other than cskills (NASC CITB)

Qualification details for EDEXCEL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Accessing Operations and Rigging (Construction) (QCF) - National Database of Accredited Qualifications

It appears that from the 1st of next month it will be possible to achieve Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Accessing Operations and Rigging (Construction) under the new QCF frame work . Basically you can be awarded NVQ 2 status based on portfolio assessment no mention of formal training ie part 1 and 2 courses .

---------- Post added 21st July 2010 at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 20th July 2010 at 11:57 PM ----------

I have been doing a little research on the NVQs in relation to scaffolding and have found an awarding body other than cskills (NASC CITB)

Qualification details for EDEXCEL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Accessing Operations and Rigging (Construction) (QCF) - National Database of Accredited Qualifications

It appears that from the 1st of next month it will be possible to achieve Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Accessing Operations and Rigging (Construction) under the new QCF frame work . Basically you can be awarded NVQ 2 status based on portfolio assessment no mention of formal training ie part 1 and 2 courses .

Some info on the QCF frame work Overview of the QCF | Edexcel

good bit of information podger. spoke to someone today.from edexel.they seem quite
concerned with this ticket issue iam waiting for a phone call back within the three days
theve also got the forum details.hope u add a good one animal.

Due to attend the supervisors course in september,when i rung the CISRS about what is needed i was told that if i had a indate BOSIET,which i do,that i wouldnt need to sit the h&s touchscreen test.E~mailed them yesterday for confirmation,today recieved an e~mail from David Mosley saying i need to sit the test in order to recieve the ticket,more mixed up info by the sounds of it.Apparently though you can renew a card i.e basic or Advanced without the test with a indate BOSIET,at least that saves paying and finding time to do the touchscreen...

Due to attend the supervisors course in september,when i rung the CISRS about what is needed i was told that if i had a indate BOSIET,which i do,that i wouldnt need to sit the h&s touchscreen test.E~mailed them yesterday for confirmation,today recieved an e~mail from David Mosley saying i need to sit the test in order to recieve the ticket,more mixed up info by the sounds of it.Apparently though you can renew a card i.e basic or Advanced without the test with a indate BOSIET,at least that saves paying and finding time to do the touchscreen...
Fu*k sake ,does anybody actualy know whats going on at the CISRS

I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a lot of worrying:sad2:

If not they need to.

This has to .........no will change:D

Money for old rope & poor quality scaffolders thats the CISRS.

Ragscaff

Ragscaff, you've changed your avatar picture, is that Dave Mosley throwing himself off a cliff in the new photo ha ha

mmm thats intresting ..podger .....

keep the info coming ....

I wonder what level of CISRS card would be offered to a ECITB scaffolder with a NVQ level 2 diploma ?

If the NVQ is the benchmark for competence surely it has to be like for like other wise NASC would have to discredit the government backed NVQ scheme .

Unfortunately mate I have just done my advanced ticket and paid for it my self it cost £1500 at safety and access in Nottingham and i have only just got my cisrs card after 4 months of waiting does your head in but couldnt see any other way of getting advanced due to current climate. anyway if you want the centre nomber get bak in touch and ill send it to you see wot they can do for you.

2400 veiws is a result in my eyes.

Jobs or help to the ECITB scaffolders in the next target.

If you are out of work because of this let me know, I will raise the money to help you / the SCCR will help in a big way.

We need to know who needs are help now!!!

Ragscaff

Alrite dico, had a good time on holiday thanks m8. back to trying find work again had a 8 wks work before holiday and then the dreaded matrix system again and guess what the ecitb ticket reared its head again. Hope this weather is going to get better mite have to look at another career selling ice creams on the beach lol. see ur a jnr member now good man keep it going bud want to thank everyone for the 175 repies to my thread and 2400 views. especially ragscaff and to u dico of course maybe we will get to turn the spanner again together soon

E-mail got from CS Skills

"Dear Mr Quinney

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately ConstructionSkills only administer the scheme on behalf of CISRS, any complaints about scheme rules must be made in writing to them at the below address or by e-mailing dave.mosley@nasc.org.uk
CISRS
4th Floor
12 Bridewell PlaceLondonEC4V 6AP

We have never dealt with ECITB cards and as such any issues you have with them in regard to withdrawing their card must be made to them.

In relation to timescales, these are a minimum guidelines, in most cases operatives hold two 18 month Trainee cards whilst carrying out their Part t1, Part 2 training and competing their S/NVQ Level 2, so on average it takes around 3 years to qualify to Scaffolder level. The operative must hold his Scaffolder card a minimum of 12 months before being eligible to attend his Advanced course Following their Advanced course they are required to have a minimum of 6 months site experience before they can be assessed for S/NVQ 3, which would take it to around 4 ½ years to get to Advanced level.

Further information on the Scheme rules is available in the CISRS Scheme Booklet which can be downloaded from the link below:

http://www.cisrs.org.uk/documents/Cisrs_Cap_609_000.pdf

Unfortunately I unable to help you further with your query.

Yours sincerely

Garry MortimerQtW Co-ordinator"

Comments please!!
:suspicious:

Ragscaff

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

E-mail sent back!!

"Dear Mr Mortimer,

Thank-you very much for replying to me.

Sorry to take up your time but we have been informed of a new apprenticeship scheme that will allow 16-18 year olds to gain a part 2 ticket in 18 months with 11 weeks training! Is this true?

I am very sorry for badgering you but Mr Mosley is not replying to us in this matter!

We have a meeting with the HSE in October to go through these points & any information you can give me will help progress matters.

Thank-you for your time.

Kind Regards Stewart Quinney

Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights working with the Scaffolders Forum"

Ragscaff

what a load of ******** do they think your gana say.ohh ok then.worlds going backwards.

Top Bottom