Yorkshire Corner ?

I've often done it, was taught it years back working for sgb. Never heard it called a Yorkshire corner though. You learn something every day.

if the boards sit level on the return then do you need the exact length boards ?
Depends on the length of the return, If its say, 25 ft, then it's 2 sets of 13's. level walkway all round, level toe boards. look's neat.

sorry to appear dumb brandy but if the boards are the same level where does the extra foot go (2 x 13 = 26 foot ) :wondering:

sorry to appear dumb brandy but if the boards are the same level where does the extra foot go (2 x 13 = 26 foot ) :wondering:

Used for sole pads after being cut :cool:

Have used the method over the years but never called it a Yorkshire Corner
must be called that because its level and looks nice like us Tykes :D

Not with you Phil, are we thinking of different things, my thinking is the return boards are butted to the main fleet of boards and 1 ft is overhung, end toe boarded. The return lenght of toe board would have to be longer.

you use 2 fives for return ledgers then splice to butts with bands and plates to them then sleeve on your ledgers , then all your transoms are the same level (is that right ) if your boards are the same level then surely they must butt and not lap , so the boards must be the exact length to fit tightly , as i said i have never seen this let alone down it, but it sounds like a neat job :D

It's when your return boards sit at same height and get rid of the inch raise on the corners to eliminate trip hazards but there a pain to do and hard to explain an other way there done now is with fillets witch are pieces of wood cut on a slant to create a ramp on the corners that are safer again because you don't get the gap you get with yorkshire returns

Top Bottom