Work in spain

Seems like if you worked offshore & lived in Spain u would need a bit of notice before hand. Don't they phone u up and say they want u the next day would this be enought notice or do they tell u a couple of days in advanced?

No I don't. A cousin of my Mrs lived there for a few years and we were back and forward quite a bit. I'm not going to embarrass myself by trying to pretend I could spell exactly where but they seemed to move about a lot of the so called Spanish area's and none of them were up to much.

Depends.... if you got some money behind you theres some lovely areas and villas.... maybe they lived in the caravan parks ??

haha, maybe but they didn't but I get your point. My point would be there is no doubt some lovely Villa's in Iraq.:laugh:

I'm not getting into a big discussion about the merits of Benidorm, I never rated it myself but if that's your thing fair enough.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

I bet the master has a nice villa there, well he reckons he has the cash behind him anyway.

Seems like if you worked offshore & lived in Spain u would need a bit of notice before hand. Don't they phone u up and say they want u the next day would this be enought notice or do they tell u a couple of days in advanced?

You would need to be core crew for it to work Woodsie, 2 on 2 off.

How do you get core crew? Can u elaborate on this. Does it involve a lot of sucking lol

naw, everybody I know started adhoc but for me my first 2 and 2 was just offered to me as I was in the right place at the right time. Like everything Woodsie, you just work yourself into a position something a lot haven't the patience for nowadays.

swifty that must be for your lot then

Ah so u start adhoc were they'll just phone u up short notice then after a while when you've proved yourself they'll put you on core crew right. How long usually before you go core crew? How many trips would u need under ur belt?

No magic number Woodsie again like most things just circumstance. I kept my head down and my ass up and got the chance, hated every minute of it though. Most boring job ever, much preferred the hook ups or better still contracting.

Ah so u start adhoc were they'll just phone u up short notice then after a while when you've proved yourself they'll put you on core crew right. How long usually before you go core crew? How many trips would u need under ur belt?

I'd get a couple of years in 1st mate, then see how it goes.. people make the mistake of going to Spain with little dollar.. and end up in the ****... great lifestyle if planned correctly though...

try kadiz mate theres loads going on in shipyards there. building rigs and accomadation barges. Good luck

Top Bottom