who would rather use profiles or spacers lads?

u never heard off um??? when u start off uv got ur stander with ur ledger on. put ur spacers on (a 5ft with doubles on measured to 4boards wide.. and ur inside board) put ur brace in then temp ur spacer up and slip ur outside ledger in the other double on ur spacer as easy as that lol..

Stabila all u need , mark boards out with that on ya leaner

A pre fab.

We use both, maybe a bit more for the smaller jobs but some times it feels like for hassle than it's worth on the bigger stuff so stick to the tape.

Only prob with marking off ledgers,not great if using mixed doubles.

old doubles were best half inch if u are old enough to remember them

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Stabila all u need , mark boards out with that on ya leaner
wots a leaner is it a managing director from uttoxeter his mother offered me job in stockport have you been there his mother hottie

ha ha - to close for me to comment

A pre fab.

We use both, maybe a bit more for the smaller jobs but some times it feels like for hassle than it's worth on the bigger stuff so stick to the tape.

Pre-fabs for hexagons and the like, Timber gauge lath for normal works, Tape for the Ins and outies.

Ledger on inside of standards when basing out ( unless render job ) and use stabila level from brick/block or whatever to inside of ledger ...... perfect 12" space from facework to inside std , tape measure for outside ledger.

Tape measure... Lighter to carry and saves me forever going back for spacers or making them up.
At moment I tend to chuck an inside ledger in on a temp standard on a single,
Butt my tranny into wall and fasten single when ledger is 9.5 inch from wall (to centre of ledger)
Level tranny with a temp standard on a single
Then hang outside ledger on to the tranny on another single at 47inch (inside of inside ledger to centre of outside ledger)
I then have 20ft of ledgers hanging and I fill in the missing standards and bracings,
The labourer/trainee follows trannying and boarding....

Always use tape on the base lift , then marking stick to measure lift heights , on top of double bolt so different doubles dont matter , then i make up 3 ali spacers and use them the whole way up the building , put spacer on ledgers and use brace to pull in or out till spacer touches wall , the scaffold is perfect the whole way up and all you gotta plumd is the standards left to right :)

Top Bottom