which way ?

Upside down for me to,weight on the gate and much easier to strip,as said avoids a lot of confusion when striping,you dont want the shock of undoing the wrong fitting,otherwise there will be a disco going on in your colon,lol:D

i got taught to put them upside down,as then other scaffs know that its a dropper.

upside down for me on hangers allways done it and not being funny but mills r the easiest 2 use y would u want tips bolt 2 botom i put 2 ehd 1s on 1st then middles after

Upside down is the way i was taught also. As the lads say weight on the gate.

Always droppers done with the double upside down, weight on gate and so you know its not a standard and check fitting normal way looks right and sit hinge on hinge and personally i find a presco double is ideal for droppers:idea:

Upside down is the way we were taught,come across a few younger scaffs who have been told different nowadays after being on there courses.Whats that all about,A hanger is never gonna change when using T/F.You can't beat the bongo for doing the dropper. ;)

any which way but loose lolooo ( soz couldni resist it )

I prefer to put the dropper to ledger double up side down with the check up side down also and with the bolt nipped inside the gate directly on top of the drop tube gate. This provision stops the drop tube gate from opening if down ward impacts dislodge the bolt. Im not saying its right or wrong Im just saying thats the way I was tought.

Just as a matter of interest, how many of use use a B&P and butt when we check when we erect with Set !---given that a B&P has the same slip Test wither the band it is used on the vertical or horazontal, is a butt absolutly nessecary ?---I prefer to use a Butt with the B&P, looks better.

Gary
Your not implying a "flat" B+P are you as without a chair it can only go on one way with a butt

Upside down is the way we were taught,come across a few younger scaffs who have been told different nowadays after being on there courses.Whats that all about,A hanger is never gonna change when using T/F.You can't beat the bongo for doing the dropper. ;)

wouldnt wana go strikeing with them young lads.

If you come to work in the UK Paul I would advise you to have the gate of a load bearing fitting taking the weight or it will be raised eyebrows all round and much whispering behind hands , I am not having a go here just a little bit of advice and New Zealand fecked my footy coupon , cheers .

Worked in the UK for twenty odd years and seen both ways in my time but everyone on here seems to agree about upside down is best and as a scaffolder i am always learning and not afraid of change . cheers

the silent alarm bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For a cantilever i always have the top and bottom of the raker,the doubles upside down, weight going down on the bottom doubles gate, but the top is easier to hook onto the underslung tube, but know the weight is pushing down on the bolt not the gate, still put my checks normal way round. what do others do:unsure:

double upside down on bottom of raker with check on top.top of raker with double normal way with check underneath.thats what ive always done and been taught!!!!

double upside down on bottom of raker with check on top.top of raker with double normal way with check underneath.thats what ive always done and been taught!!!!

Thats the right way weight going down on both gates but its easier i find to reverse the top double for hooking it on :blink1:

Anyway what you doing on the forum, why arnt you working with all these jobs advertised on here, oh i forgot no will have us with our ticket, nearly 40 years experience between us and it aint worth a w**k me old buddy:wacko:

Top Bottom