whats the highest job everyones erected how many lifts etc

Worked on a 22 lift, Lift shaft in London which had been hit by Mitsubishi engineers dropping the counter balance bottom 6 lifts were trashed lucky it was all closed in or it would have been over.

did some work on the seven sisters flats rochdale,with a chap from padiham,called ste hepworth,that was two hundred foot,then i stripped the tops off the four towers on the millenium stadium in cardiff,that was three hundred foot.:eek:

we did a power station in london the cooling stack 46 lifts , salisbury cathedreal was 38 lifts and newport gondaloa bridge 48 lifts and we did a hanger on a german crane boom at bristol docks and that was at least 200 ft of the ground

cue all the scaffolders in london over 35 telling you they were on canary wharf - there must have been about 10 000 scaffs on that job;).

i stripped a hanger on the british airways tower on the Cromwell road, nothing between the ground and me cept 160ft of fresh air. the fact he'd put me with 2 fookin doughnuts from the local bakery who were scared to come out onto the balcony to take the gear off me, didn't help. T'was a bit hairy, I don't mind saying.
Yea I am supprised canary wharf didn't collapse under the weight of all those scaffs, I even met one guy who helped lower the roof on with a chinook helicopter "Tony Dechello"

The GREAT 'Mick The Book' aka Mick O'brian from london, told me he was working on the wing of a 747 as it was about to crash at 10,000+ feet, and built a hanger to repair 1 of the engines, and saved the day. lol :laugh::laugh:

Does any 1 on here no mick at all?

i worked on Canarey Wharf for Georgian i loved it we done all the internal brickwork nothing higher then 3 lifts, there was a lot of scaffolders working there for a lot different companys but we never got higher then the 10 floor :)

havent been as high as some say they have, about 26x 2m lifts. scariest i suppose was doing tube leaks at didcot p station

The GREAT 'Mick The Book' aka Mick O'brian from london, told me he was working on the wing of a 747 as it was about to crash at 10,000+ feet, and built a hanger to repair 1 of the engines, and saved the day. lol :laugh::laugh:

Does any 1 on here no mick at all?

Yeah years ago mick told us that he was in a bank when 3 fellas came bursting in with guns and wearing ski masks. During the robbery he was about to wrestle one of the robbers to the floor when another guy with a gun came over, pulled down his mask and whispered "Don't worry Mick, it's only us (mates of his) we'll be gone in a minute"

Yawn.

Yeah years ago mick told us that he was in a bank when 3 fellas came bursting in with guns and wearing ski masks. During the robbery he was about to wrestle one of the robbers to the floor when another guy with a gun came over, pulled down his mask and whispered "Don't worry Mick, it's only us (mates of his) we'll be gone in a minute"

Yawn.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:sounds like mick!

he also told me about when he was working on the tools of course.

he was working on a tower block and he fell off and landed on the wing of a aeroplane.
and another time he fell off and grabbed a 8ft board and surfed it to the ground.

Did some work in Wenzhuan China a few years back. I was supervising so dont know if it counts???

this geeza sounds like proper amusement , does he actually expect you to believe any of them stories ??

this geeza sounds like proper amusement , does he actually expect you to believe any of them stories ??

I think he actually does. But a nice bloke, although I only met him once or twice.
I enjoyed a couple of elongated lunch breaks listening to his unbelievable tales.

Phil- least it makes the day go quicker , used to know a bloke like that called Del Batstone - used to catch longuns from 12th lift on the canary wharf tower

As for the original question we did the old Barlclays Bank HQ on the corner of Gracechurch St for demolition back in about 98. Definately the highest scaffold - base to top lift - I've worked on the entire erection of.
A hexagon footprint about 360ft high done in 10ft lifts, top 2 lifts boarded, fully monarflexed with 2 x fans done in 10ft CI sheets and lifts double decked and polythened at fan level.
Job got front cover of the construction times that month, which was nice.
Was also especially memorable for one of the lads dropping a 13ft tube from about 250ft. (Straight into the compound - Luckily)

havent been as high as some say they have, about 26x 2m lifts. scariest i suppose was doing tube leaks at didcot p station

I done the inside of one of the boillers at Didcot back in 1982, cash in hand no tickets :embarrest:

Top Bottom