What Impact Wrench do you Use?

Reg.
i've just ordered a new brushless makita iw off ebay for 150 notes, admittadly it doesn't come with batteries or charger. But as far as maks are concearned there the best out there, easy to maintain, light , two batts will last you all day and they perform in all weathers faultlessly.
I would invest in the makita btw251z model, you'll prob spend £300 quid on a complete set, but it'll be the best money well spent.

Reg.
i've just ordered a new brushless makita iw off ebay for 150 notes, admittadly it doesn't come with batteries or charger. But as far as maks are concearned there the best out there, easy to maintain, light , two batts will last you all day and they perform in all weathers faultlessly.
I would invest in the makita btw251z model, you'll prob spend £300 quid on a complete set, but it'll be the best money well spent.
Prices including the batteries and charger retail with guarantee around £350. I have a Milwaukee which is powerful enough, but after using the Makita I now prefer using that for the simple reason of it being lighter in weight.

I used a milwaukee on recomendation john, yeah its a good peice of kit but it is on the heavy side. I've kept it for emergency's.

been using a Milwaukee M18 CIW12 ! awesome impact wrench , would recommend

Impact wrenches

Just bought a Milwaukee impact wrench and it's the best thing
I've bought in years
No more sore elbows !!

all good replies

what I found wih the Hilti tools is this sam day repairs from the shop, full 2 years on batteries, free shipping both ways , Never will cost me 30% for the tool price for ANY repair, this is for the lifetime of the tool. I droppped mne and I got it fixed for free , I called the shop , took it in and got it fixed. they said they will do all repairs for free for 2 years. I had bought 2 other tools in 2 years prior to this. Hope this saves you some money.

All very well if you live close to a hilti shop but for others it'll be postal - over here in the uk hilti do a lease agreent on the tool as opposed to purchase which can b better value for scaffs- however reguarding the batterys the warrenty isnt worth the paper its printed on as they often find an excuse not to replace

Prices including the batteries and charger retail with guarantee around £350. I have a Milwaukee which is powerful enough, but after using the Makita I now prefer using that for the simple reason of it being lighter in weight.

After a fair bit of research and generally asking other scaffs with IW's I've managed to bag this evening a Makita BTW251Z with two batteries and a charger for £269 inc delivery, I thought it was a good deal considering the exact package elsewhere can vary in price from around the £350 mark up to £400.

Also ordered the Gorilla Hook, just got to sort out a few 21mm 1/2in drive sockets to feel like a 21st century scaffolder.

Thats a good deal you got there reg. When you get it....go on to the makita uk website and register your iw for a 3yr warrenty.

That is a good deal I searched for ages and bought the same model with 2 x 4 AH battery's for £312 including delivery
And i love it :love::love::love:
It is a lot better then the Bosch IW I had

U got it workin now then phil- hows ur new socket lol

Tbh guys you coulda bought it a lot cheeper off ebay as seperate items & although 2 batts are g8 u coulda made do with 1
New btw251@ £140
New patent 3amp batt@£35
2nd hand charger @circa £20
So for £200 i could be spinning the nuts of the threads a lot cheeper lol

Last edited:
You'll have to invest in the brushless one now phil.....batterys last longer and you can set the torque settings manually on the drill.

How do you find the none makita batterys sp.?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I've got two and there just as good as the real deal.

No probs m8 use em all the time the insides are all the same..

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

This IW is starting to sound like PADI diving ,
Always another thing to upgrade to lol

Lol phil but to be honest remember you shouldnt be using power tools without the correct training- only work within ur limits lol;)

Ok I'm now looking for drive sockets, I'd suppose 50mm deep is about the maximum you'd want, for bolt length allowance when tightening? and I assume you guy go for a multi hex head as oppose to the traditional 6 sided configuration, going down to Halfords shortly to bag a few.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Thats a good deal you got there reg. When you get it....go on to the makita uk website and register your iw for a 3yr warrenty.

Thanks for the heads up with the warranty, I'll get that done the moment it arrives.

Hilti on contract I got mate quality bit kit battery's last all day repair every 5/6 months once in repair you always get a Courtesey drill so never with out drill free battery checks if any problems with battery they'll test them for you there and then and replace it faulty been with them 3 years now not one problem

Top Bottom