Waterproofs.

Tony Mason

Reaction score
The summers been a good one and hopefully going to last for a good few weeks more but im facing facts and thinking of winter. Can anyone recommend some decent waterproofs. I don't want cheap as ive been down that road. Ive had flexothane befoe and veru happy with them. Any other recommendations. Thanks Tony.

I've got two sets tony..
1st is a helly hansen all in one, pair of shorts a vest with these. About 170 notes when new.
2nd is a helly hansen 2 peice...these were 150 notes new..

Both of these i've been dry and warm. Would recomend these to anyone..

Sounds like there top of the range scaffy, may be a little out of my price range. Im looking for hard warning as they are just going to get wrecked.

They are a bit pricey admittadly, i've had both my sets nearly 5 years now as long as you look after them pal they will look after you.

Tony Dickies do one all in one which are padded and nice and warm.As you say a good summer which should mean a bad winter.They come in at around £70/80.
happy huinting ;)

Mine cost £600 with tax and mot, they have built in radio and heater and there diesel.

FECKING BELTER even shared that one with my wife
and even she laughed and shes a misserable dour *******;)

Glad I made someone laugh !!

Plastic pacamack,£1 down the flea market or £10 at glastenbury;)by the way,i've got the helly hanson two piece also,but I wouldn't use when on the tools,the shoulder would be gone on day one,unless you don't carry of course:eek:

Glad I made someone laugh !!
more than one im happy and laugh but the misses youve got a talent nurture it and you will be sitting in the rain in a Bentley;)

all kidding aside im from glasgow and 2 jumpers in the boot when thats all wet through you must have made yer cash;)

The summers been a good one and hopefully going to last for a good few weeks more but im facing facts and thinking of winter. Can anyone recommend some decent waterproofs. I don't want cheap as ive been down that road. Ive had flexothane befoe and veru happy with them. Any other recommendations. Thanks Tony.

I use:

A Karrimor Winter/Waterproof Jacket (with a free Fleece liner that can be removed) - Sports Direct.com, set me back £50 and WELL worth it.

Thin enough when not using the Fleece to be worn in rain.
Thick enough when worn with Fleece liner to be used in really cold weather.
Built in hood also.

and;
Northface Waterproof Bottoms.
Very light, very durable, easy to carry with your tools.
Windproof too.
£60.

Well worth the money.
Probably get both from Ebay, tbh.

Still cant beat my peugeot 307.

Decathlon is a good shop for cheap but good quality waterproofs. Tk maxx always have decent branded outdoor wear at a good price.

we in the west of Scotland call them WATERPOOFS:eek:

2 JUMPERS IN THE BOOT OF THE CAR
IF REALLY STRUGGLING WHEN THE BOXERS ARE WET ITS TIME TO GO;)
AND THATS NOT THE TOILET

on a petrochem read the RAM and head to the local shelter,if the gaffers a PRIKK and trying to inpress have a wee slip, drop a tube and call the union go to the doctors and report the bad back due to the slip have a couple of weeks off return to work on light duties (reading papers and having a laugh) while the social climber is suspended pending investigation;)
OR SO IVE BEEN TOLD

I've got two sets tony..
1st is a helly hansen all in one, pair of shorts a vest with these. About 170 notes when new.
2nd is a helly hansen 2 peice...these were 150 notes new..

Both of these i've been dry and warm. Would recomend these to anyone..

Army vortex on eBay cheapish and do the job get a set £30/40

Top Bottom