water proofs.

Not real scaffs then kid, golf?? Used to be the pub when I was on street work

No real Scaffs left, they are all dead and I'm not feeling that good my self.:sick: Times have changed, I never really needed booze to enjoy life.

b dri water proofs there bang on they dont make you sweat like a ****

Yep, when I was young and stupid.....now I'm just old and stupid! To be fair it's horses for courses, I work on a powerstation now so it's safety first, but I understand it's so very different workin for small firms, been there and wore many t shirts!

Yep, when I was young and stupid.....now I'm just old and stupid! To be fair it's horses for courses, I work on a powerstation now so it's safety first, but I understand it's so very different workin for small firms, been there and wore many t shirts!

any jobs goin on powerstation:D

I think safety is still paramount for the small firms as well, but we have to produce also. On a basic job, boarding out from below and installing the handrails from a step I don't see where the danger is from a little rain, but I take your point you do get a bit more scope on the street without every safety man in a 100 mile radius on your back in the stations.

Nice try Sammy, you could be in here.:D

never wore waterproofs lol just too restricting.on street work u gota work in the wet stuff,diffrent on industrial,refinary jobs these large companys can offset the cost,roll on january when its back to the voe,maybe consider wearing em there lol.

Sake celticbhoy, you will need more than a set of skins up there in January. I hope we don't get a January like last year or you'll freeze. I might have a woolly bear left over from the rigs you could borrow. :nuts:

oh tell me bout it mate,inhospitable aint it,but look on the bright side i dont think itl rain inside the accom barge lol.got enough teddys with the now mate thanks and they aint shut up since the 24oct.

never wear waterproofs but i do buy them for my lads, i always give the lads a job and finish if its bad nothing worse then losing a days pay after you have got up and gone in to work :)

you lads must all be working on the street or for concrete firms get a job on a refinary or a petrochemical site and you dont work in the rain safety is paramount

best water proofs are the ones you get for free . as for working in the rain use your head . if it gets really heavy get out of it and see if it eases off . if not try do a job and knock deal with your supevisor

nice one big ste this game is turning in to a right puffs job

national grids the same no work in rain or any risk of thunder work stops untill the work areas safe it must be harder for a smaller company with wages and overheads mind you its amazing how many people work in the rain when a job and knocks offered and extra hours lol.

Toffeescaff you seem like a co.ck end, most of the big firms operate on a no work no pay policy. You must work for a very generous firm. Grands a week an all? Spot of rain and bang gone but full pay eh?

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Back the the OP, I bought some German army issue waterproofs, bottoms have braces on as well, breathable and really light. Cost me 60 quid but worth their weight in gold. Only downside is i blend into the background so nobody can see me in my camo gear, or is that a good thing? :D

I have these there excellent not too hot so you dont get exausted but 100% waterproof an cammo is excellent to hide in ha ha:laugh::laugh:

Were trying to sort wet weather gear at the moment. Our usual supplier has stopped stocking our usual jackets and trousers and supplied us with some total crap, had to send it all back, burned out within 2 days.

Best stuff I used personally was British Army stuff, paid a lot for it but was good.
You couldnt justify it as an employer though, the guys dont look after sod all, shame but thats how it is.
I dont agree with working in the rain if its constant heavy stuff. Showers n stuff like that never bothered me though.

Top Bottom