very high work

Scary stuff, especially as he has knotted his single lanyard to shorten it, and his mate hasn't got a carabiner to attach his scaffolder hook to, so professional these yanks! Furthermore I'm not sure about trusting those handholds with a shock load from falling.

I have never climbed that high but have been pretty high in my time and I can assure you the descent is more bum clenching than the ascent .

I was going to say, coming down would be more frightening but f that for a game of soldiers ! Imagine the wind at 1700 odd ft ! At a couple of hundred ft if the wind catches the boards right it can rip them out of your hands

Last edited:
**** climbing back down... parachute time I say! Or for a bit of fun, bring a long bungee cord.

get a wing suit on see how far away he could fly from the tower

Its not the height that bothers me, its just that i really couldnt be assed to climb all that way up there, I would be defeated before Id started, but like already mentioned bet you could freefall off the top perfectly that would make it worth the climb :nuts:

how many volumes does the risk assesment and method statement run to not to miss out the escape proceedure

Dont think the HSE say we must be hooked on at all times, its companies or organisations that insist on it to cover their asses from being sued, the hse insist that you take all reasonable precautions against falls from height, that you must have in place Method statements, risk assessments and prove you have fully assessed the job , identified all hazards and put procedures in place to prevent them hazards actually happening.

Im sure if you identify reasons for not using harnesses or not clipping on you dont have to so long as there are procedures in place to stop a fall

Understandable ,,,, its not often you stand tall lol

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Cudnt help meself ,, he will prob call me a pardon again the sick wannabe midget fcukin ,,,

shame was expecting a base jump @ the end of the vid - dont know wot would be worse the climb up or back down with ur arse making 5p -50p movements

Gotta be honest I saw this vid some time ago and felt my ar,se pucker, watched it again just now and yes I puckered up again
Alan

Last edited:
Top Bottom