Trying set up on my own

Cat scaff

Reaction score
I've amassed a good amount of gear over the years which I have in a yard all set up, I now need a lorry but that's another thing on my list. My question is how do I set up my own company, what do I need to register and everything? Ave read on gov uk but still abit stuck on where to start 1st

Also does anyone know where you can get reasonable priced lorry's, fittings and tube? North west area

first of all disregard the highway robber (taxman) do what ever you can under wraps.

Guy fawkes god bless him 1 christian suicide bomber no back up shame on the englishman.

Cat Scaff forget looking for scaffold wagons, we did that and soon realised they were way over priced. In the end we purchased a 7.5 ton Mercedes Atego box van and cut it down. For the plate we got it about 3k cheaper than the same vehicle being a ready made scaffold wagon. If purchasing a lorry though you will need an operators license. Best start off small mate with a flat back transit or something similiar.

North West area fittings and tube it has to be George Roberts!

Cat Scaff forget looking for scaffold wagons, we did that and soon realised they were way over priced. In the end we purchased a 7.5 ton Mercedes Atego box van and cut it down. For the plate we got it about 3k cheaper than the same vehicle being a ready made scaffold wagon. If purchasing a lorry though you will need an operators license. Best start off small mate with a flat back transit or something similiar.

North West area fittings and tube it has to be George Roberts!

Thanks mate me and my partner were talking about getting two transits 350 and cutting them down to be honest how much work is involved in doing that like and just waiting for quote back off George Roberts what about registering and stuff like this ??

Waiting for the quotes tomorrow it's so dear but it's a must :)

welcome to the forum cat-scaff hope all goes well for you.

Cat scaff
there is a sticky in the main forum for the Santander scaffolding bizguide
its a daunting read but very informative

Alright pal, first of all good luck, you'll find George a bit on the expensive side but the fittings bang on but he will have second hand tube, beaver at Widnes are not competative at all, your probably better going to TRAD at Bredbury or Generation at Stockport. Caspian at Scunthorpe normally have a decent lump of second tube in, but obviously it's a trek so delivery going to cost ya unless your getting big lumps of kit. Gen will do you a deal on delivery if the amounts right.

Hi Cat Scaff,

Good luck with your new venture. If you need any advice on getting set up and what to do, please give the office a call. We can give you some free pointers and help with the basics of registering and making sure you stay on the right side of the taxman.

Top Bottom