Tool lanyards / Tethering

I think they are bottle openers, lol.

Im not a massive fan, but id rather have the pain of using one, then lose one of my tools, especially my Spanner.

They are handy for if your working over a river or something like that.
True,well put. They are quite handy in that situation,l will agree. Have used the wire lanyard,for about 2 weeks,before it broke. As a result of all the entanglements & degree of twisting that your spanner,goes through in an average day. Also the company l was with at the time,just wanted to see what they was like,also the cost. When l asked,who would be paying,they went very quiet !!!! Told them,that they would have to provide them,cause it would be part of safety equipment,am l right ??

Any company will be required to supply any additional equipment it deems necessary for you to carry out your duties safely.

If they are making you use them, then they should supply them.
Should be the same as normal 'mandatory' PPE like Glasses and Gloves and stuff.

Thanks,that what l said to them. After mine broke,they was never seen or mentioned again. Got the feeling that it was a couple of ''free samples'',that the company had been given,by 1 of their suppliers,with a view to buying more.

Yeah, handy for working over water or the like as you say Jason.
I've got 1 with the ball bearing clips so it doesn't tangle but I couldn't work with it 24/7

Top Bottom