The sccr closing down

That aside,I wish Stewart all the best in the future.Sad to see it go like this,but if men cant get together to have a say in working practice its in line with the general malaise in our country. We all know whats wrong but waiting for the messiah to save us

Messiahs busy at moment sorting his passports out.
It always comes down to religion in the end.

Sadly, as with all things, if support is not given, nothing can be achieved.

NASC have the stranglehold on your industry proclaiming to be the biggest scaffolding trade body - well yes, they are the only one at this time.

They do not support the individual scaffolder and actually only have a membership of 250 companies - that's out of maybe 10k companies across the UK... do the maths yourself as to their representative!

I believe the SA want to include ALL scaffolders, small and big companies, as well as individuals.

Don't lose another opportunity to effect change.

The SCCR (Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights) today released a statement with a shock announcement that the confederation will be closing permanently at the end of this month (September 2013)

The statement released reads:

It is with great regret that I must inform you that the Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights will be closing permanently on September 30th 2013.

The Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights has worked hard to represent the whole of the scaffolding industry tackling issues regarding training, guidelines, clarity on the way work is undertaken, and becoming recognised as skilled tradesmen. Over the years we have worked with companies & individuals alike. The SCCR has made ground on quite a few issues that have affected all of us.

However, due to the pressure & the need to work full time on representing the membership the committee have made the reluctant decision to close the organisation. This is not a decision we have made lightly, and the committee would like to thank you all for your continued support and effort over the years.

I have had the opportunity to meet with The Scaffolding Association, and discuss with them their aims and objectives. They were open and honest, and I believe that they will be able to continue with the work that we started. I am fully supportive of what they are trying to achieve within the industry.

You can contact them through their website:Scaffolding Association

It has been a pleasure to work with you all.

Stewart Quinney,

Chairman,

Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights

Thanks for the update, Swifty. Pass on our best wishes and thanks to Stewart and the committee for their past efforts and hard work.

So moving forward, will scaffolders be more ready to give support to the Scaffolding Association? If your best interests are to be realised, then get behind them.

The SCCR (Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights) today released a statement with a shock announcement that the confederation will be closing permanently at the end of this month (September 2013)

The statement released reads:

It is with great regret that I must inform you that the Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights will be closing permanently on September 30th 2013.

The Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights has worked hard to represent the whole of the scaffolding industry tackling issues regarding training, guidelines, clarity on the way work is undertaken, and becoming recognised as skilled tradesmen. Over the years we have worked with companies & individuals alike. The SCCR has made ground on quite a few issues that have affected all of us.

However, due to the pressure & the need to work full time on representing the membership the committee have made the reluctant decision to close the organisation. This is not a decision we have made lightly, and the committee would like to thank you all for your continued support and effort over the years.

I have had the opportunity to meet with The Scaffolding Association, and discuss with them their aims and objectives. They were open and honest, and I believe that they will be able to continue with the work that we started. I am fully supportive of what they are trying to achieve within the industry.

You can contact them through their website:Scaffolding Association

It has been a pleasure to work with you all.

Stewart Quinney,

Chairman,

Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights

Booked on at the wakey meeting, anyone else going?

Without a trade union affiliation who will actively represent the scaffolders, it's just another committee pushing paper around a desk.

Sadly, as with all things, if support is not given, nothing can be achieved.

NASC have the stranglehold on your industry proclaiming to be the biggest scaffolding trade body - well yes, they are the only one at this time.

They do not support the individual scaffolder and actually only have a membership of 250 companies - that's out of maybe 10k companies across the UK... do the maths yourself as to their representative!

I believe the SA want to include ALL scaffolders, small and big companies, as well as individuals.

Don't lose another opportunity to effect change.

this is the problem with the nasc,they don't have any competition and they don't represent the industry as a whole.the more competition the more things would(hopefully) improve.there should have been more organisations in this industry sooner and biggest problem is with any new ones is they'll be playing catch up with the nasc.

Without a trade union affiliation who will actively represent the scaffolders, it's just another committee pushing paper around a desk.

The only way to make sure that doesn't happen is get involved, wouldn't you say? Maybe if enough union members (I assume you are part of Unite or some such?) get behind it and get their union to get involved, you would be more accurately represented?

Mind you, let's not kid ourselves that a lot of unions have their share of fat cats doing nothing for the working man... And also, unions need members and supporters too. I don't know the stats for scaffolders belonging to unions... does anyone have that figure?

i would personally like to thank ragscaff for all hes help with the ecitb issue as with the other members that supported this ticket unfortunately it wasn't to be as with any committee you need numbers but most of all a good cash flow and support from high places we all no what I mean so I wont get political!!! would also like to thank phill 181 and havespanner! and simian for there negative response to the sccr your the 3 that choose to argue the sccr every time it was given some support with your negative replys but hee hoo your entitled to your opinion iam olde school and don't bump my words but all the best stewart and those who tried to make the sccr stand out

I have always been a supporter of the ECITB lads who were treated so badly. This can be seen in my epic "Hitler finds out the ECITB cards have been withdrawn" which was the sequel to the classic "Palmers announce lay offs at London Bridge".
Anything that actually does what it says on the tin and improves a scaffolders lot both on the UK and internationally can only be a good thing in my book.

i would personally like to thank ragscaff for all hes help with the ecitb issue as with the other members that supported this ticket unfortunately it wasn't to be as with any committee you need numbers but most of all a good cash flow and support from high places we all no what I mean so I wont get political!!! would also like to thank phill 181 and havespanner! and simian for there negative response to the sccr your the 3 that choose to argue the sccr every time it was given some support with your negative replys but hee hoo your entitled to your opinion iam olde school and don't bump my words but all the best stewart and those who tried to make the sccr stand out

Dico, in my defence I offered to help out at the beginning and offered my advice with regards to getting principal contractors on-side first. I even offered to contribute a membership fee!

I think that fruitless and pointless pursuits were chosen by the comittee; hence the utter lack in interest by most people. The reason I got slated by the half-a-dozen or so members who did have an interest in this little project, was because they couldn't cope with anyone having a different opinion to theirs.

There was an arrogant and pompous chairman, an unwillingness to actually contribute anything to our industry (apart from moan about those who actually do) and a committee with a lack of basic understanding about the industry, which all leads to the SCCR being responsible for having never actually achieved anything.

So, there's no need to thank me.

Dico, in my defence I offered to help out at the beginning and offered my advice with regards to getting principal contractors on-side first. I even offered to contribute a membership fee!

I think that fruitless and pointless pursuits were chosen by the comittee; hence the utter lack in interest by most people. The reason I got slated by the half-a-dozen or so members who did have an interest in this little project, was because they couldn't cope with anyone having a different opinion to theirs.

There was an arrogant and pompous chairman, an unwillingness to actually contribute anything to our industry (apart from moan about those who actually do) and a committee with a lack of basic understanding about the industry, which all leads to the SCCR being responsible for having never actually achieved anything.

So, there's no need to thank me.

To say they never actually achieved anything is a bit harsh. I heard some people did get membership cards.

What have the previous 2 posters ever done to try to improve life for the man on the tools? F.uck all.

Why?

Because they are both takers not givers.

What have the previous 2 posters ever done to try to improve life for the man on the tools? F.uck all.

Why?

I, with the help of one of my English colleagues here, are constantly striving to better the working and living conditions of our employees.
We do this on a daily basis and although it is a drop in the ocean compared to the great works of others it does make a difference.

i would like to state my sadness that the SCCR never took off in the way it should have as there are many issues that affect the Scaffolder and up and coming "small" to medium sized Scaffolding companies that the NASC are causing or not helping with.
Competitionnis a healthy thing in business after all.

Havespanner has helped me with a few issues in the past and will probably help with in the future HE MAY WELL BE A TAKER but ive never asked the Question;)

i would like to state my sadness that the SCCR never took off in the way it should have as there are many issues that affect the Scaffolder and up and coming "small" to medium sized Scaffolding companies that the NASC are causing or not helping with.
Competitionnis a healthy thing in business after all.

Havespanner has helped me with a few issues in the past and will probably help with in the future HE MAY WELL BE A TAKER but ive never asked the Question;)

I am always pleased to offer assistance when I can.
I have had to TAKE plenty from non scaffolders who have ended up in high positions in our industry over the years but have given them plenty in return.
I have been accused of being a drug dealer and a part one on the forum in the past but have never been accused of trying to get the lads out of the cabin in the rain! :eek:

Why?

one has a fettish of dressing up cats :laugh: and the other can be nice sometimes and very sarcastic when he wants to be :laugh: respect to your ecitb video haverspanner but wish it was made 2010 may off had some clout with the sccr with the ecitb issue but will say it came straight to the point and probably made a few sit up but was to late comeing my self and many others that had a ecitb ticket have sat the course now the rest were to olde and retired has it made my self a beter scaffolder no iam still s!it lol!!! thou mr mosley and I didn't see eye to eye at first but near the end he was very helpful with the last part of my course and did wave my final assecement fee as the trouble he know that I had with lost paper work and having to re sit the courses after 27yrs thou I don't agree with what happened with the ecitb scaffolder its done now but wished a few more people gave the sccr more support instead of keep moaning about wages and conditions that we work in some are good but most a pain as there not needed. some were very anti sccr on here you no who you were so were leave it there.

Top Bottom