The PTG Offshore (fun police)

General

Aye, its an education eh---met all kinds out there---lost a few also, all good Boys at heart...

Garry...

well done ptg you will be fine you aint goin to meet any one more clued up on safety than some of the experienced hands,it changed my attitude to safety when i worked in abberdeen.

PGT as soon as you accepted the role you alienated yourself from the others, what ever you advise or recommend from now on, will be all ******** to those your instructing, and they will all give their reasons why its all ********. But you must at all times believe in what you do, its your livelihood now. Never turn a blind eye because you dont want the agro, never let anyone convince you youre wrong when you know youre right, it will come back and shoot you in the foot mate. By your post already you want others opinions, fucxk others opinions, just count that money every week, and believe in what you do. Well done PGT youve done really well for yourself.

PTG,

Congrats on the job - based on my previous life in the offshore industry the only piece of advice I would pass on is: talk to people in the way you would like to be talked to yourself and remember communications is a two way street - it involves listening as much as talking.

The trick of working offshore is getting on with people within a closed environment - communication is key.

Well done - hope you have a good time

Otto :cool:

Last edited:
Cheers boys some really good sound advice, as previously stated I am a bear who by default got into the dark side via the NEBOSH ROUTE IN 2007 because I COULD SEE THE WAY THINGS WERE GOING after 15 years working on the spanners (without being able to rely on NEPOTISM) up and down the country on petro chem, coal & nuclear power shutdowns etc. I thought if you can't beat em join them. And I did mainly by doing the qualificatios & being lucky getting a leadin as a trainee safety man in 2008. I now have 4 years experience (predomiatly bad by the way you are just a token gesture) however the last 4 years have geared me up for the holy grail. & I intend to be PRAGMATIC in my approach and treat others how you expect to be treated.........................................

Keep knocking on the door and you will get an invite beleive me.................................

nice one poachers hope all works out well for you mate get a taser in your back pocket for the cokey ones you no where iam comeing from!!!! all the best mate

PTG
I remember when you joined my friend, originaly you had a different username. You laid your cards on the table and stated your 'Aims' after a while, you requested a username change to PTG, it fits like a well worn slipper.

In my opinion, from that time, i feel you have been a massive source of input to the SF, apart from the 'Battle of Scotch Corner' where i have never heard of that member since:eek: and i would like to take this oppotunity to wish you all the best, for your next adventure into this crazy world. Look after the Boys, and the Boys will look after you.

Good luck
Paddy

PTG
I remember when you joined my friend, originaly you had a different username. You laid your cards on the table and stated your 'Aims' after a while, you requested a username change to PTG, it fits like a well worn slipper.

In my opinion, from that time, i feel you have been a massive source of input to the SF, apart from the 'Battle of Scotch Corner' where i have never heard of that member since:eek: and i would like to take this oppotunity to wish you all the best, for your next adventure into this crazy world. Look after the Boys, and the Boys will look after you.

Good luck
Paddy

Paddy that recognition coming from you means alot, I have alwalys held you & your advice in the highest regard you being the elder statesman and some what referee in the SF shananagens...........................................

regarding the the scotchcorner incident the boro boy lost his sat nav????????
apparenty??? I was waiting for two days?? proper Cumbrian ME:p

Paddy that recognition coming from you means alot, I have alwalys held you & your advice in the highest regard you being the elder statesman and some what referee in the SF shananagens...........................................

regarding the the scotchcorner incident the boro boy lost his sat nav????????
apparenty??? I was waiting for two days?? proper Cumbrian ME:p

:D Was it going to be 'Cumbrian Wrestling' ? or Just a Smoggie duel 'Syringes at dawn' apparently Dawn couldnt come, that was why it was cancelled. :D

Scaff 1989,if you join the sccr :DI'll tell you awl abaat it. But not on this thread.
Well done the forum,some good posts to Poacher here.

:D Was it going to be 'Cumbrian Wrestling' ? or Just a Smoggie duel 'Syringes at dawn' apparently Dawn couldnt come, that was why it was cancelled. :D

Was guna be handbags at ten paces "you will see **** all with out your eyes"
crack paddy only problem was only one gladiator turned up...........:huh::huh:

your guna get your smoggie head kicked in............................................

Tut tut ptg i under stood that you wer ement to meet him at scotch corner... He said he lost his sat nav i get y wht fuk were ya meeting him at scothc corner lol are u been broken in by an idiot lol :d

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

scaff 1989,if you join the sccr :di'll tell you awl abaat it. But not on this thread.
Well done the forum,some good posts to poacher here.

lol the sccr still no convinced weathe rit wasn to be a union or the nasc i just de ne na but have tryed to join to find out more but some scammy yank tried to take 200 out of me paypal and pay pal stopped it so carnt use pay pal now lol ill have to w8 till 2013 to get a new card to re regester it so be quicker u telling me ahahah lol

Tut tut ptg i under stood that you wer ement to meet him at scotch corner... He said he lost his sat nav i get y wht fuk were ya meeting him at scothc corner lol are u been broken in by an idiot lol :d

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

lol the sccr still no convinced weathe rit wasn to be a union or the nasc i just de ne na but have tryed to join to find out more but some scammy yank tried to take 200 out of me paypal and pay pal stopped it so carnt use pay pal now lol ill have to w8 till 2013 to get a new card to re regester it so be quicker u telling me ahahah lol

SCCR for scaffolders consultation & human rights.

Unite for Industrial issues & claims etc..........;)

scaff 1989,if you join the sccr :di'll tell you awl abaat it. But not on this thread.
Well done the forum,some good posts to poacher here.
u wid the sccr then ..... What benafit have u gained out of it so far marra

Top Bottom