The 25 years and over thread

Alf garnett ha don't worry I feel right silly moo scc early boozy had a snooze when I got home now up all night!!!

When I originally started back in 2003 at sgb ( in the front line for h+s) we still got away with murder more often than not without harness, pub most lunch times ( and the guv knew ) no handrails,screaming and shouting all day,fook all sleep from the night before tell a site manager to fook off and get away with it infact the guv stood up for me even when I was in the wrong,getting bang on it at work and best of all going home between 1-3! 4 was unheard of lol then I done me ankle in 2006 and lost a year and half , then the credit crunch, in and out for about 3 yrs now always in work

But since I comeback from my ankle it was a different job fooking hated it coulnt do sod all without getting a bollocking!!!!!! But yes the first stint ie the banter was the best years of my life work wise a lot of old boys were about then don't really see them anymore shame

When I Started In 1978 For Gkn Mills In Perrie Street It Was A Different World, Scaffolding Was The Best Job In The World.(Mind You Come The First Winter I Thought Differently) No Harness Or No Hard Hat Totally Unthinkable Nowadays And Like Scc Says Cards Were Awarded On Merit Not Bought, It Wasnt Until The Yts Scheme That Cards Were Given Out Like Confetti.

When I started we didnt use spanners or a level, merely threatened the steel and it put itself up, had a bottle of voddie injested via my eyeball by ten in the morning and sh1t out a live hand grenade by 12. .....used to put broken glass in my yorkie bars and finger a polar bear for fun, I am man !:D

Till you got home to the missus........then your all mouse eh joe....lol lol

Last edited:
I started when I was 16, back then it was either factory work or go scaffolding lol I'm now 42 & still involved in scaffolding, I still have a belt but haven't worn it in a while, although I still correct mistakes whilst doing inspections

The funniest thing I have read on here was on an old timer thread where someone new someone who used a half filled HP sauce bottle as a bubble.

I started when I was 16, back then it was either factory work or go scaffolding lol I'm now 42 & still involved in scaffolding, I still have a belt but haven't worn it in a while, although I still correct mistakes whilst doing inspections

And you get to do it in sunshine as well pal.

Don't moan about h+s it creates more work for us. As for the not clipping on bit if doesn't make you more of a man or a better scaffolder. Personally I'm that used to it it's like 2nd nature although it does feel good when you can get away with not wearing one

Same here benjo, but theres no better feeling than taking your harness off and then putting your trainers on for the journey home.

Oh that's the best part of the day that taking your boots off, especially yesterday after a 14 n half hour shift ha

You used a water bottle on the way home.....

Yeah brentford high street we had 2 jobs about a mile away from each other as me and my mate left we got asked to do a little adaption so we got few tools and forgot bubble den so all we had was a half empty bottle it worked too ;)

Top Bottom