Tg20:13

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
Globally there tends to be a significant amount of commercial advantage that laces through guidelines.
The bigger picture, I believe its called!

It's not the TG:thingy that governs design; that's covered by the current standards. The TG's are like the old ACoPs and approved docuents used to be, as in, if your job is within the documents scope then Building Control would not require you to consult with an Engineer. If only they'd thought a bit harder about what they were doing before they published it.

Morning Nick,
100% correct. TG20 was a poorly conceived and poorly produced attempt to re produce a 5973 type document. It all went horribly wrong.

That said I do remember the introduction of 5973 and having most of the same conversations then!!
regards
Alan

Morning Nick,
100% correct. TG20 was a poorly conceived and poorly produced attempt to re produce a 5973 type document. It all went horribly wrong.

That said I do remember the introduction of 5973 and having most of the same conversations then!!
regards
Alan

We don't like change round these parts. :nuts:

If they had have included some decent worked examples that chaps could print and take to site it may have avoided a lot of confusion from the inspectors.

The other option of course, would be to make sure the inspectors have some sort of construction qualification (similar to Building Control) so they at least speaking the same language (or as good as) as the chaps on site.

How much ££££ for a copy are they going to charge?

when is this TG20 coming out !!!! - i would like to know what the issues are over this new guidance -does anyone know

Not sure pal, got my gaffa to order me one. Will come in handy to shut them smarmy saftey officers up.

We don't like change round these parts. :nuts:

If they had have included some decent worked examples that chaps could print and take to site it may have avoided a lot of confusion from the inspectors.

The other option of course, would be to make sure the inspectors have some sort of construction qualification (similar to Building Control) so they at least speaking the same language (or as good as) as the chaps on site.

Do building control have qualifications??

when is this TG20 going to make an appearance !!!!! nothing like good planning

The last time I heard/read anything about it, was from the NASC twitter feed and it said: soon.

Latest round of NASC regional meetings is next week, so I would expect some information on a release date then.

Employers are fickle as and when they implement or decide to work to these guidelines anyway.
Never worked for anyone who follows these procedures as they are supposed to.
Corners are always cut.
Human nature.

Top Bottom