Tg20:13

To fail the muppets you would have to take the NVQ aways from the scaffolders card.

totally agree input from many would be far better than the few...also as swifty has said i personally think the courses may need to be a little more rigours there seems to be no fails,not that im looking for mass failure what you think.

Celticboy i never said rip the cards up. What i am saying is we need a new approach to the way we train and should all have say in the way we need to move forward.

I have been saying that for a long time now Instructor, I may have went about it the wrong way but anyone with half a brain could see the shortcomings.

Swifty,

I do tend to agree but I have often wondered what would happen if some of the large scaffold firms had to send the same boy's back to the centres 3 and 4 times to get a part 2?

I personally wouldn't be happy but I do want change.

Hatterscaff, EXACTLY.:cool:

I agree with everythink people on here all saying and hope one day we can change things for the good of our industry.

The ones who have but shouldn't have cards (we all know at least one) hopefully will pick it up before they kill themselves or someone else.
Any new applicants should be thoroughly assessed (not by leaving answers for test papers lying around or letting them work in groups that have an experienced scaffolder to carry them) and tested on their ability and get further training if required not passed just to keep the figures looking good.

I agree with everythink people on here all saying and hope one day we can change things for the good of our industry.

As long as guy's like you feel that way we have a chance. The biggest frustration for a wee diddy outfit like mine was any time we asked questions it was either ignored or worse laughed at. They think I'm having a dig but nothing could be further from the truth, I do have a vested interest in producing quality trainee's even if it is just a couple a year.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

The ones who have but shouldn't have cards (we all know at least one) hopefully will pick it up before they kill themselves or someone else.
Any new applicants should be thoroughly assessed (not by leaving answers for test papers lying around or letting them work in groups that have an experienced scaffolder to carry them) and tested on their ability and get further training if required not passed just to keep the figures looking good.

Maybe that's one of the main problems Swifty, it has to be a tough game to be in at the moment. How do they measure success, would the failures reflect on the centre in regard to funding?

Being a scaffolder first instructor second I have no defence swifty. What i can say is this is not the way we do it at Cathall road london. Only bad instructors cheat.

Being a scaffolder first instructor second I have no defence swifty. What i can say is this is not the way we do it at Cathall road london. Only bad instructors cheat.

I'm glad to hear it Instructor, but this has been what I have seen in training centres (not yours obviously)

Ok,

NASC what do you say about this?

We know you like to drop by.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

And no doubt Unite would love to say something, are their top men still CISRS scheme owners?

I hope so aom
but the UKCG have announced that they are going to review all training and competences (so more training & costs and tickets will probably change :mad:)

a standard bridge and loading tower arrangement would be good with competences for erecting in line with the training the part 2 received:love:

I got that e-mail as well Hatterscaff and wondered if it was new or what? I followed the link to the site but it was blank?

The problem i see is are industry has been hijacked by everyone from the HSE, goverment,Ofsted,

The NASC is the biggest problem for our industry with it's false claims and attempts at making a monopoly.

I will not be posting anymore. Good Bye, Good luck and its be nice to share the truth.

My gripe has always been with the centres, as far as I know they are the so called professionals who should know how to train a scaff, that's who takes my money and that's who I think should be answerable.

Can't see it, you are already trained and ticketed and therefore competent.

Top Bottom