Tg e-guide

Sorry Phil, none. It is marked down as one free copy to members but as I said nothing is free.

What I would say though is, if you do have to prove compliance or deal with some half wit who knows all the regs but not what any of them contain, this will be invaluable.

On the other hand we could also do our own drawings and charge for the feckers:idea:lol,surely this is going to seriously reduce the designers workload??

I would imagine it would, but to be honest I reckon the good one's will be quite happy about that as instead of doing mundane jobs they can concentrate on the bigger stuff. I might be wrong, but I know I wouldn't want to do some of the daft wee jobs we have had to get designers to do in the past.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

On the other hand we could also do our own drawings and charge for the feckers:idea:lol,surely this is going to seriously reduce the designers workload??

By the way, the e-guide does not produce any drawing's, for that you need the full smart scaffolder and if you want calcs you will need to get the calculator out. The wind map looks the dogs as well right enough, you will love that as most of the jobs we build only require light duty ties where most would fit general purpose as standard.

If thats the case AOM then it will help smaller companys when they tender , i lost jobs because design cost have tipped the balance against companys that have in house designers,had a quote today for a design thats in the £5K mark

What i have seen with regards this, is that it will let you build the scaffold in 3D say 100ft long, 6 lift high, 1200mm wide, than you can put in standard spacing or imposed load does the sums give number of tie required. It then allows you to add sheeting or add beans, fans, by dragging down the items from box which contains all the different components and just keeps on re calculating,this then can be given to the main contractor as information of the design.

We could do a great skit from Downfall like they have for football etc.

Hitler finds out most scaffolds don't need designs in TG20:13.
he takes his glasses of and says

"If you are not a member of the NASC, HSE CISRS leave the room.
What the hell do you mean they have changed TG20:08?
I have just blown my fecking budget hiring 10 of those designer w@nkers. For what?

If thats the case AOM then it will help smaller companys when they tender , i lost jobs because design cost have tipped the balance against companys that have in house designers,had a quote today for a design thats in the £5K mark

Got to be honest Phil, my thoughts exactly. However, I have impressed more than my fair share of so called clever people who were obviously not that clever with my wee illustrations and believe it or not I felt it gave me a wee advantage on quite a few occasions. This will be reduced if everyone is using the e-guide but fair enough, when 1 door closes, 3 usually open.;)

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

What i have seen with regards this, is that it will let you build the scaffold in 3D say 100ft long, 6 lift high, 1200mm wide, than you can put in standard spacing or imposed load does the sums give number of tie required. It then allows you to add sheeting or add beans, fans, by dragging down the items from box which contains all the different components and just keeps on re calculating,this then can be given to the main contractor as information of the design.

I'm not sure if I should admit this on a forum, but it looks very much like one an offshore firm used on excel, you input the information but the illustration stays the same but the figures are all checked and printed out in a tidy bundle.

Have been playing with this bit of kit for the last two weeks. Some of the lads on here who own there own firms It a must for Christmas, the Xbox for scaffolders.

Have been playing with this bit of kit for the last two weeks. Some of the lads on here who own there own firms It a must for Christmas, the Xbox for scaffolders.

Without a doubt. Will it do you for some of your part 1 stuff?

Mmm,do you think nasc will sell it in a handy app to suit this feckin windows 8,now that would be progress;)

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
spanner do you think Cape Qatar will be compliant now then;)

I doubt it happy. Descon are advertising for a superintendent for this mega project here if you fancy a change???? They also need a better welder for their home made beams.:eek:

Interesting read going thru all this - don't know what to make of it to be honest. I'm all for dumping a lot of the rubbish we have to design.

A lot of the scaffolds we design are actually TG20 compliant already but they still want designs. I guess the question is "What does your customer want?" If they expect a design so they can co-ordinate other trades and have something for their file then I don't see much changing.

Be interesting to see what changes...

Got to be honest, any design work you got for an already compliant job was through someone's ignorance. If a client asked me for a drawing for an already compliant job he would get told to ram it, maybe it will just be your client who will change as scaffs tell them all to go and do one.

So alister are we any closer...when are they thinkng of a release date..

& is this as well as or instead of the tg volume 1 & 2

Not instead off, just to compliment both. The volume 2 is still for the designers but the e-guide is just a simple way of letting the great unwashed know you don't need any further design input.

The release date is still a few weeks away, there was a couple of changes proposed today like adding mobile towers to the list. It was initially felt most just use alley towers for that but someone uses them a lot so they are now to be added. It's hard to put a date on it when ideas come one at a time.

So is it the nasc's version of the smartscaff programme

No, Cads have done this one as well, it's a collaboration. Honestly SP, you will like it, it's going to free us up by quite a bit and get us all back to a level playing field.

Yeh sounds good....i was just wondering as you know i've been toying with the idea of getting the smartscaff package but do you thinnk you'll still use it or go overvto the new nasc version

Top Bottom