Temp roof help required

Grundy Scaff

Reaction score
Firstly i would like to say hi to all the forum members.
This is my first post on here and im hoping someone can help me out.
I am currently working on a temp roof over the chancel area on a church. The roof is your normal tin lid with 750 beam mono pitch.
The issue i have is the drawings i have from the designers have the pinnacles on the gable end poking through the roof. Has anyone on here encountered this problem and if so how did you seal the area around them there is a church nearby where they have achieved this but i cant see how as its too high. The designers say to cut the sheets round the pinnacles but cant see that being the best option myself. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome Grundy , how big are the pinnacles ? if they are not to big then you could use expanding foam to seal around.

I did a similar thing a few years back & we cut the sheets right into it & big gaps got filled with expanding foam then i bought some temp weatherseal flashing which just sticks on but acts like lead dressing did the job fine for about 4 months & some pretty shiit weather.

Hi phillios
I would say the pinnacles are around 10" in diameter. I think expanding foam could be the answer will it keep the water out and how long would it last its going to be up 10 weeks.
Thanks for your help

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Hi southernpoofter
Did it mark the stonework at all ?

No not really most of it picked off & the rest was just washed of with a little petrol on a cloth as it melts the foam

Top Bottom