Street VS Offshore

back

Im back im deffinatley back. Got off the rig on Monday landed at Norwich airport at 10-15 got to the train station at 10-30 got a carry oot 12 cans of lager a bottle of J D and a bottle of coke. jumped on the first train to Peterbourgh no trolley or buffet car so had to drink the JD straight by the time i got to Edinburgh i was rubbered got a taxi home to my boomtoon and fell in the door to my loving wee blonde.bye the way if any 1 was on the train on monday did any 1 see my bottle of coke

Give up boy, if you aint got it you aint got it! we cant all have the boom boom (sskillz that killz)

out

LOL, having read your comments ( especially the PPE one) I dunno about working offshore around the UK but you'd be lucky to be allowed into the offices of just about any UK scaffold firm.
The reason its hard to get offshore here is due to the wealth of experienced Oil/Gas scaffolders that this country produces who have a productivity and safety record that no other nation on earth even comes close to.
There are scaffolders on this site with 30 or even 40 years scaffolding experience that can still teach guys like me with 20 years a lot, so you can take you skillz that killz and your 2 years experience as a scaff and learn some respect for your betters, an if I could throw that far you'd have a Barney Rubble hitting the back of your napper

With all due respect,18 yr old advanced scaffolder, go and polish some more floors, while i watch yo....... not even worth going down those lines:mad:

It's all love prince charmings

:cool:Ho ho Ho easy my little crooked teeth cup of teas, I have already polished the floors in your offices, you will now notice all the knee prints under the desks are now gone, zap!
My uncle was upset about your comments he told me to tell your mob he'll come give you the chop chop boy!
You threw me off with the 40 years experience you boys claim, what skillz that killz could I possibly learn in the next 38 years:idea:?? it's all just rectangles and squares, any one would think your building kitchens there.

you can stick your RUST BUCKET OF A RIG UP YOUR ARSES THE NORTH SEA IS FULL OF ARSE LICKING BASTARDS WHO ARE SCARED TO LOSE THERE JOBS SAFETY DONT MAKE ME LAUGH THERE IS NO SAFETY ONLY WHEN IT SUITS THEM I HOPE ALL THE ONE DAY ALL THE POLES AND EASTERN EUROPEAN TAKE THERE JOBS CUS ONE THING I WILL NOT BE DOING IS GOING ON STRIKE FOR THE BASTARDS THEY DIDNT BACK US LAST YEAR ON THE STRIKES .:bigsmile:

you can stick your RUST BUCKET OF A RIG UP YOUR ARSES THE NORTH SEA IS FULL OF ARSE LICKING BASTARDS WHO ARE SCARED TO LOSE THERE JOBS SAFETY DONT MAKE ME LAUGH THERE IS NO SAFETY ONLY WHEN IT SUITS THEM I HOPE ALL THE ONE DAY ALL THE POLES AND EASTERN EUROPEAN TAKE THERE JOBS CUS ONE THING I WILL NOT BE DOING IS GOING ON STRIKE FOR THE BASTARDS THEY DIDNT BACK US LAST YEAR ON THE STRIKES .:bigsmile:

Yeah booiiiieee, you striking to cuz? Stick it da man I say.

scootay45

Aye, Beyral B---I was on that job with Rigblast---worked with Wilf Redman and a wee Wegie called Jimmy Murphy---the Buchans, Harry Mitchell, Sandy Robertson, Billy Ironside (Tinners), the Late Great Bobby Clifford, to name but a few---feck sake, HAPPY DAYS Man...;)

scootay45

Aye, Beyral B---I was on that job with Rigblast---worked with Wilf Redman and a wee Wegie called Jimmy Murphy---the Buchans, Harry Mitchell, Sandy Robertson, Billy Ironside (Tinners), the Late Great Bobby Clifford, to name but a few---feck sake, HAPPY DAYS Man...;)
aye found out about Bobby Clifford months after he passed away Garry! working with him on the Brae's with the late Billy McArthur and Hughie Holland and Stevie Haughton, christ i'm the last of the squad:eek: what happened to plunket and Clem Buchan? Sammy was on the taxi's I think, god we will have to get an "In Memorium" section on the site, then again lets keep it happy and just remember,,,

scootay45

Aye, perhaps it would be fit and proper to establish a Book of Remembrance to those who have been called... a place where we can all pay homage to our Brother Scaffolders.

Im nae sure what happened to Big Jimmy Plunked ( the man with the 10 lbs heed ) he used to reverse in to the traps for a S£!Te LOLooo, worked with all the Buchanan Chems Father included, nae seen the Buchan Brothers for a while---ther's nae much of thr auld guard still workin the keys.

:cool:Ho ho Ho easy my little crooked teeth cup of teas, I have already polished the floors in your offices, you will now notice all the knee prints under the desks are now gone, zap!
My uncle was upset about your comments he told me to tell your mob he'll come give you the chop chop boy!
You threw me off with the 40 years experience you boys claim, what skillz that killz could I possibly learn in the next 38 years:idea:?? it's all just rectangles and squares, any one would think your building kitchens there.

Think that might be squares and triangles mate !:idea:
Anyway my efforts normally resemble a trapezium !

Last edited:
Clem Buchan is on the Shearwater as Focal point Deckforeman as for jimmy plunket i think he has retiered

Bish, what is it with Scaffolders moll's my missus is the same, when I was on the street and came in covered in rust SHE would MELT:love: I thought it was me face she loved but obviously it was the scruff jeans and kecks!! Street work for the upper body strength topping off with those long!!:eek: a distant memory now but could you pose or what man the lasses loved it, thats enough for now lads great site.

I think a lot to do with it is, scaffolding is a real man's job , working hard, sweat dripping down your dirty bodies, and knowing that all the women who have walked past him during the day have wondered what he would be like in bed , and knowing he is comming home to me :love:....thats the thrill :laugh:

Women don't want a man in uniform, they want a scaff with spanners on

Clem Buchan is on the Shearwater as Focal point Deckforeman as for jimmy plunket i think he has retiered
Ive worked with young jimmy plunket and im sure he said his old man had retired, ive heard a lot of stories about old jimmy, the "captain jimmy plunket bringing it on home" story was a good 1 lol

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Someone mentioned about the money being minimum 2400 a trip its actually £2200 a trip on the talsiman rig that im on, its day rate 197 a day plus £21 a day leave pay, no ham no uplift nowt, ham seems to be a thing of the past now, ive been on a few different rigs in the past 3 years and only 2-3 paid ham and the best uplift i got was 1.50.
But it does have its good jobs, I did a few trips on the BP Unity in the forties field and was shuttleing from the etap everyday, £229 a day day rate £100 a day shuttle money and £18 a day holiday credits, do 10 days solid and that was your trip done (never happened) free chocolate tins of juice bacon rolls and only did about 7-8 hours on the rig (satalite) bloody loved it on there! Unfortunely it took my up to november and i got paid off.

street for me everytime , specially in summer all these scantilly clad lullies about x

matter of choice and comforts i reckon..i worked on the street for over 20 years on and off,and stuck up more than my fair share of work.offshore work i'd say better if your on the right job.just been on the armada for cape for the last 3 yrs and earnt a shed load..but out on the cnr platforms lucky to pick up £2300 a trip.you get plenty of time to do the job right and hardly know one getting at you to get the job done offshore...
beats getting a list as long as your arm for a days graft that you aint got a hope in hells chance of doing before midnight let along 5.00. started to do a bit on my 2 weeks off for a bristol firm but when you taking down 300ft 6 lifts(4 boarded) between 5 of you with 2 x18 tonners and a artic tralier to fill in a 10 hr shift... you will always be happy to a check-in..

street work:sad:
offshore:D

sounds good mate , id still stick with street tho personally

i do sfreet work its gettin harder and harder to earn ya cash on target would swap it for offshore anyday but dont seem to ave any luck finding the break i need . help lol

only ever been on the street, the women ,the rows with parking wardens, the crack with the lads there aint a rig on earth i want to go on

i want off shore work but not avin any luck been scaffolding for 14 years in street need change scenery

Top Bottom