Steps and jordan clamp

jordan's are only any good for humping long on the lovely wheel, baracudas same really stop sling clip, are you still allowed to use tension line form 1 end of the scaffold to the other and clip on to that an walk up and down all day? cliped on and freely or not ?

You can use that if you want, in fact if you can write a risk assessment for clipping on to the neighbours washing line you can do anything you like. Get your gaffer to show you the guidance and remember it's guidance, you will soon work out what you can and cannot do. As I tell the boy's, either hand rail or harness minimum.

I spoke with a company safety man on site last week who was watching us work, he did give me a dig for one of the boy's dropping fittings from one lift to the next even though it was barricaded off below which was fair enough, he then tried to give me a dig for the way we were dismantling using the step but I stood my ground explained my thoughts on the process and he was happy enough. You just have to be prepared to justify your actions.

Hi big John you can still use the clamp as SG10.00 is purely a guidance note put together by NASC and is not legislation.

Regards

Jordan

Guidance that every health and safety professional I know has adopted as standard practice and you will be hung out to dry should you not follow it. Put in a handrail where possible.:idea:

Has any one used that b safe advanced guard rail my old boss spent thousands on it it's ok but waste of money as alot of lads don't really use it if they can get away with out it twice as much work as a step

Never did get to use it macca and you have just confirmed my suspicions all along about it so thanks for that. I know a lot complain about the step but for me a simple solution to a simple enough problem which suits me fine.

Never did get to use it macca and you have just confirmed my suspicions all along about it so thanks for that. I know a lot complain about the step but for me a simple solution to a simple enough problem which suits me fine.
Aom if Ya get a chance the guy who invented that advanced handrail tours country demoing it.
He's a 30 yr veteran n knows His stuff I tried to trip Him up a few times n He had a valid answer each time.
It's actually surprisingly good,not like old days I know but unfortunately it looks like bein future

They have offered Mick but to be honest always thought it looked a bit fiddly and never bothered too much with it. I did think about it for a while but didn't want to take a guy all the way up to me just to tell him I wasn't interested.

Don't get me wrong it's ok wen used to it but time consuming to put in a hand rail wen u use a step you put in a hand rail that's gona stay an I was using 4kits to a double plot an it's a lot for one kit the bloke who invented it shown us ok on tube an fit but a real pain on easy fix,bones

They have offered Mick but to be honest always thought it looked a bit fiddly and never bothered too much with it. I did think about it for a while but didn't want to take a guy all the way up to me just to tell him I wasn't interested.
I only watched demo cos firm I wa workin for at time got the bloke down.
Ya rate aom it is a bit awkward n wunt work on likes o hangers n beam jobs but apparently a lot o firms down here are insisting that it be included in original quote,or am I gettin gullible in Me old n fallen for a sales pitch?

I'm just not convinced, I will stick to the step for the time being.

Top Bottom