Steel unit beams....

From what i remember unit beams could span further but ladder beams can project further while still carrying a load

Deborah Grayston LOL, wit century was that Garry, might as well have said Stephens an Carter Hee Hee

Jeeeez!!! those were the days, not to mention Palmers and London Midland (aka LMS) :)

Jeeeez!!! those were the days, not to mention Palmers and London Midland (aka LMS) :)

the bloke I used to rent my yard off in chigwell, Big Gary was was supervisor for LMS, he started his own firm and fell through a roof, he's fooked now, the poor bloke.

on the subject of unit beams, i was on the new police station at wallsend just before xmas and they had to put a big crash deck across a void and used unit beams, becasue the supervisor from Project told the young scaffs, "that new regs prevented you from joining beams together" - wtf! they then proceeded to hire the crappiest old unit beams from deborahs. saving on his hire bill me thinks, and probably fudging the client.

thank gof for ali beeams we use 450 and 750 , saying that sold all our unit beams for top dollar to someone that wanted them ???

Scaff

Aye, worked wi Palmers too, Built the racks and set up the Palmers Depot in Aberdeen then went Offshore with them for the Fulmar Hookup---
ye , Palmer one of the three that set up the NASC ( National Association of Scaffolding Contractors ) ;)

Scaff

Aye, worked wi Palmers too, Built the racks and set up the Palmers Depot in Aberdeen then went Offshore with them for the Fulmar Hookup---
ye , Palmer one of the three that set up the NASC ( National Association of Scaffolding Contractors ) ;)

Palmers owned by thyssenkrupp now I believe, link to a job of thiers i was very impressed with:
Master Magnets

this was supported by a central hanging bond which kept the floor clear and enabled the whole scaffold to be spun round to the next quadrant when required. great stuff!!! :D

Used to use steel ladder beams for standards for support jobs for Lyndons and when working at the Rolls Royce factory to support jet aircraft engines. They were a bugger to base out with.

Last used steel unit beams about 3 years ago spanned 65 foot in white rose shopping centre fecking heavy bas*ards to move when your only 3 handed just use alloy now much better

Is there a Chigwell in Newcastle or did you move?

na, i'm from newcastle, but spent most of scaff career in london, been home for about 2 years now. i have to say it was culture shock coming back after being in london for so long, and not just the money side of things!

Top Bottom