Starting scaffolding company

Nothing like that to be honest!!! You need public liability insurance which should be the first thing you get anyway! Then you can get pavement licences like anyone else, 95% won't need a pavement licence anyway? Only if you've got legs on the public highway.

Get your letters sent out ASAP stating when your going to start operating then give a follow up call when you start up.

Nothing like that to be honest!!! You need public liability insurance which should be the first thing you get anyway! Then you can get pavement licences like anyone else, 95% won't need a pavement licence anyway? Only if you've got legs on the public highway.

Get your letters sent out ASAP stating when your going to start operating then give a follow up call when you start up.

Ive aready looked at public liability insureance for 2 million do i need more ?
Will do so in the next few weeks
Any chance you have an old letter from when you started out ?
You are rite about the letters i no that 90% of work will come from word of mouth and reccomendations and a small majority from advertising
I want to get all my bases covered thats why im asking so many question cheers

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Ive just been offerd black tube 45p a ft was thinking of getting all my 5s n 8s 10s in black
Was going to by all long lengths in new galv as thats what ppl see the standards and ledgers handrails
And new boards so the job still looks pucker but saving mny

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Ive just been offerd black tube 45p a ft was thinking of getting all my 5s n 8s 10s in black
Was going to by all long lengths in new galv as thats what ppl see the standards and ledgers handrails
And new boards so the job still looks pucker but saving mny

Firstly don't buy black tube!!!! Looks ****, is ****! Anyone with there head screwed on would aim at only buying high yield tube especially if your looking at running from a 3.5 ton wagon.

With regards to to public liability, your best off ringing to local councils to you and finding out what level of cover you require to obtain a pavement licence.

Pm me your email address and I'll send you a letter over.

When you charge your linear m price say 20m do you add the vat on afterwards or is that the price all in ?

If you're a start-up business you won't need to be VAT registered, think it's £81,000 at the moment. If you are VAT reg, you add the VAT on afterwards.

Do it best thing ever mate my old man said I looked to him things we had before he started and the life he is living now priceless he did proper punch his c*unt out 7 days week all hours hard at first be the reared is long lasting I advise any one to do it !!

No im up the shetlands working at the min saving some money at mo im 100 % doing it tho ended up doing my savings but aiming for april next year now seems good timing with all the work next year kicking off

Top Bottom