Staggering

even before you get to the centres you are told by your chargehand etc
its second only to check the fittings before you send them up.;)

One set of standards to the next, I would call a bay.

Start with a 16 with your first inside ledger a 21 as your back ledger. Then alternate on the lift above. A bay is 2m x 2m 4 standards 2 ledgers

yeas this is my point but when you co,e to sleve your ledgers you will see that there is now 3 sleves in a bay and your suppose to only have 2 if you were to only have 2 sleves in every bay you would need every sized tube as a standard and only 1 topper and 1 ledger sleve in each bay lol does this make sene

No it doesn't ha. You should only ever have one sleeve in each 2m x 2m bay for your ledgers (or what ever size your bays are) the only other sleeves would be toppers or handrails but we now have stagger handrails ha

No it doesn't ha. You should only ever have one sleeve in each 2m x 2m bay for your ledgers (or what ever size your bays are) the only other sleeves would be toppers or handrails but we now have stagger handrails ha

sure i was told never more than 2 sleves in any bay no mention of ledgers or standards to prevent this you would have to stagger standards sumet like this 13 20 8 16 8 20 13 lol

Last edited:
If you set out wi 13's and 21's you wont have more than 2 sleeves in a bay, and according to the new regs you dont need to worry about being more than a third in the bay.

We use tube lock and thats been designed not to be staggered...happy days.

Not seen the new regs yet I'm sure my firm won't be bothered what they say they like to be one step ahead of them.

Thats right marra, we use the tube but use trad fittings and boned with ex trannies, the vantheil fittings are shiit.

@ Happy...as long as yer no a butcher, baker or a candlestick maker...

Ibet you remember when the Scaffs used to make their own Sabils Tethers from phone cords ;)

Fae yer Pal in the N/E...

Feck even i remember them garry, just a thought of how many hooses thst had their phone cords missin....lol

they were invented by scaffs working offshore
WHY ? BECAUSE THEY COST AROUND £20
neccesity is the mother of invention.
you dont want to necessarily pay £20 for a new beed when you spend around £200 getting home with a good beverage in you to gleasga;)

Can you have both sleeves on ledgers in the same bay aslong as in the next lift their in a different bay, yes or no ?

you ok Marcus were not allowed to do this unless its spliced which has been mentioned. must be nice to pull up with a lorry with 21s 5s and 8 and just bang it up like weve done for 100years I can remember when they started to inforse this in the late 90s was a pain in the a!e until you get used to doing it

i know were your coming from Dico but even with 8s you could stagger the uprights and ledgers.
sgb mills and palmers up here always stipulated staggering ;)

Top Bottom