Shetland... Holy grail my arse !!!!

Wee Chris he's got ginger hair and a couple that went up
3 weeks ago jt and Anton

Aye Ano jt and Anton started the day after me mate canny lads also malky and a kid called Clarky up there also so, don't think there going bk up after there first trip like

Aye m8 sound guys the money is not good for your 3 weeks
Workin away all those agencies are ripping the hole
Out of us scaffs nowadays and getting away with it something
Needs to change

got a possible start with venesky brown agency on shetlands,fly out thursday morning,how bad is it?

Salamis is best

agencys paying lower rates than salamis.

Salamis using t & fitting

agencys using peri system.

Asked them the rates of pay before you go. Or even get them comfirmed in writing.

Surpose to be over maned and a lot of standing around.

But salamis lads have said 3 meals a day free . Good diggs. And flights paid for. Just 7 1o hours up to now 3 weeks on 1 week off which is only 5 days due to traveling you loose nearly a day each way.

Well if you can deal with being the lowest payed scaffolders on there and stand around for ten hours each day no matter wot the weather is then go for it pal, a jacked in coz like Teesside says salamis lads r well looked after, agencie lads r just there to make numbers up for very little money

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Ya rates are 14 pound an hour all hours worked, u need to be self employed and hav a utr number which wasn't explain to us before we went I had one already and came out with 714 for 7 days. Me mates didn't and came out with 632 for same hours as me

Make your own mind up mate

Well if you can deal with being the lowest payed scaffolders on there and stand around for ten hours each day no matter wot the weather is then go for it pal, a jacked in coz like Teesside says salamis lads r well looked after, agencie lads r just there to make numbers up for very little money

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Ya rates are 14 pound an hour all hours worked, u need to be self employed and hav a utr number which wasn't explain to us before we went I had one already and came out with 714 for 7 days. Me mates didn't and came out with 632 for same hours as me

Make your own mind up mate

fck that mate i was thinking of going up but fck that that's a disgrace man ,getting that working away from home fck doing it for that!!! :mad:

so its what 102 quid a day after tax
nicholson-middle-finger.gif
should be about 18 quid an hour , 16:50 at the lowest..

Its blue book rates which is over 15 an hour. Time and a half during week afta ure 8 hrs and double bubble on sundays. Shld b a gd money maker defos.

Aye well a knw 3 guys oan it wae salamis and they say its blue book. Am just waitin oan word 2 go up. Realeasin the work in dribs and drabs.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

This forums aw rumours tbh. Dnt beleive aw u hear on here.

spoke to fella at venesk brown today,no mention of being self employed said 14 per hour plus time half,double time overtime. been trying salamis and jaime munroe for a start since before xmas with no joy. havent got u.t.r number so thats me f..ked. f..king s..t f..king agencies. lying f..ing c..ts.

Fuk the agencys. Salamis r the daddys. Lol. Al b there soon just waitin oan the nod.

been trying salamis an globetec since before xmas with no joy.got mates out there with salamis they all say good job. everythings paid for apart from getting to aberdeen 3weeks on 1week off 3500 month take home

Aye tht sounds bout rite codhead. Like a say am just waitin oan the shout. Shld b first week in march av been told.

spoke to fella at venesk brown today,no mention of being self employed said 14 per hour plus time half,double time overtime. been trying salamis and jaime munroe for a start since before xmas with no joy. havent got u.t.r number so thats me f..ked. f..king s..t f..king agencies. lying f..ing c..ts.

Erm, why not just ring your local tax office and ask for a UTR number? It's not like you have to shell out 800 quid for a 2 week UTR course is it?

Codhead,have you tried to get a utr number.You have to declare your goin selfemployed,wouldnt effect you working paye at any time. Others may know better.

ha ha last time tried to get utr number was told by tax office about 4week wait at least.so working on shetlands for a ***** agency on less money than every other company/agency paying more tax erm???

Point taken mate,might still be useful to have when a better offer comes along.:cool:

Top Bottom