Scaffolders Study Group

Hi, I have been in scaffolding for 40 years from labourer through contracts manager, have been a cicrs instructor for the last three years, if you have any questions i will try to help.

jfos

they say a competent person can sign a scaf ftag, surely a scaffolding background must be the criteria but it isn't, it was the same on my course there were only 2 scaffs on it.

I think if you asked the HSE they would tell you they would want to see a scaff signing the tags. The boy's doing the inspectors ticket are wasting their time.

The only person who can sign a scaff tag is the scaffold who was qualified to finish the scaffold or his supervisor who is qualified to sign the structure.
:unsure:

Yip---never rub another Man rhubarb---

Competent Person :

A person with sufficient Practical and Theoretical experience to identify and understand the significance of patent and covert Breaches of Statutory requirements and recommend Remedial and Corrective action to alleviate that Breach.

Im sure that Iv left something out :unsure:

I wonder how many non-practicing non-Trained and Ticketed non-Scaffolders have the above attributes.

What makes a Competent Scaffold Inspector ??? What would you add to the Course Curriculum ???

Garry...

What would you add to the Course Curriculum ???

10 years experience working on the spanners.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

As I have said before my Mrs has an inspection ticket, she couldn't spell ledger.:eek:

aom

aye, a wee spell on the Tartan Banner widi go a miss wi some of these premadonaz ;)

I've been out of the uk for a few years but when i went to renew my cisrs advanced ticket i looked at what is being done now. Course for cuplok. Course for this that and anything and to be put onto the back of the card. Is there anyone who knows about scaffolding going to pick someone with all this on the back of the card or actually go against them as it looks like to much schooling and not enough actual experience?

tell me about it. I'm dredding going back to the uk at some point. I'll have to spend a fortune on courses and cards. You think you have enough when you have your advanced card and years experience then they want more money from you just to tell you something you already know! god help us!!

Well said Jonnyoneye!!!!!!!!,I have just posted my similar concerns on the NASC section on the Form,I really think this industry is in trouble,the level of training is poor,and not the HSE or the NASC have the courage to do anying about it.

Hi Garry
Fit like
Stoic is defined in the dictionary as : A person who can endure pain or hardship without showing their feelings or complaining.

Good luck with the programme. Perhaps you should go through the chamber of commerce in Aberdeen as i feel you will struggle with the despots we currently have in power in our game. All thats missing from them is a designer uniform and a chest full of medals.

Regards

Doug

Doug

Im ana bad min fit like yer sel ???---Dusting the cob webs off this one eh PMSL---

Aye, this one has more legs than a wild highland haggis---the Offshore Academy was an initiative first muted by the late great Graham Tran and I, our objectives were to Train Street Scaff in the workings of Offshore Structures---we had the blessing of PM Tony Blair and the Treasury was to kick start the Academy with Fiscal assistance, I invited Dave Mosley to Aberdeen to discuss the initiative and we got got the green light from NASC.

HOWEVER, when PM Gordon Brown took over from Blair, PM Brown withdrew the funding and said that the Oil Industry would have to fund the Academy. The initiative sank without trace---our Industry missed a trick there me thinks ???.

As you well know, there are several Training Providers in the UK---however, there is one in particular that has taken the opportunity to Develop and open a Training Facility in the UAE---do you Train your Scaffs in house Doug ???.

Garry...

Hi gary
Im working at a training centre in saudi.

Did we work at Boddam together with your brother?

Doug

Doug

My Brother Glen and I worked for JJ at the Station...

Stand By for a PM...

Garry...

Top Bottom