Scaffolders required @ Didcot Power Station

when a agency pays lodge things must be looking up thou the rates are beter than theve been for years I don't think am recruitment are paying a bad wage there not far off what capes paye on a station so now and again I think agenceys should get a break from the bad press got me out the sh!t a few times.

cheers dico.

i will always pay the lads as much as possible, i used to labour for scaffs and welders and platers so i know how hard you guys work, it isnt easy when ya have idiots like this one giving ya jip for no reason.

No most agency usually take your expenses off your top line so you only pay tax on whats left!
AM recruitment welcome to the forum!
BTW How much do you charge for getting the lads work? Spinnaker charge the guys £90 pw

No most agency usually take your expenses off your top line so you only pay tax on whats left!
AM recruitment welcome to the forum!
BTW How much do you charge for getting the lads work? Spinnaker charge the guys £90 pw

what do you mean ? i dont charge the lads anything for getting them a job. my commission goes on top of the rates set by the client.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

we don't charge the men anything to get paid, that is set by your umbrella company, or if you have your own ltd co then by your accountant.

Well thats good to know
Are you getting many lads for the didcot job? Are they starting the big hanger yet?

if your not getting many takers would you consider paying for the asbestos medical?

if your not getting many takers would you consider paying for the asbestos medical?

The client has now agreed to pay for the medicals, however there has been some trouble with guys leaving before they had earned enough to pay for them, you would not be expected to pay for them if a guaranteed month of service is completed. i think that is fair as after that the medical is yours to keep and can be used on other sites.

Or is it because the job fallen behind a little and needs pushing on then lay the lads off once they court up with there program ?

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Any way by law once you've taken your medical you get a copy there and then one for you and one for the employer

But the medical is ok but then you need face fit, half mask & full mask so it is a big outlay for the company not just going to see the doc

only need half mask as not trained to go into the tents full mask only required when stripping the asbestos

are you prepared to take on labourers with safety passport and station experience,and pay digs,or are you using local labour only??

That all depends on the fpmm fella but then you know that already and yes sometimes you need to go into a live area for scaffolding adaptions, safety work, inspections and so on
Anyway if you want the job apply as the lads up there are good

But the medical is ok but then you need face fit, half mask & full mask so it is a big outlay for the company not just going to see the doc

face fit and all other tickets required are also provided.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

are you prepared to take on labourers with safety passport and station experience,and pay digs,or are you using local labour only??

scaffolders only .

Never gone into a tent when live as should be fully trained in asbestos removal to be able to go into live tent should be no need for adaptions either as any good asbestos supervisor should notice any problem before sheeting up the enclosure as you should know

Top Bottom