Rope access etc

As long as the lift is working to get your weights on the roof cradles are a doddle, as for dope access, I have slagged these guys for years but the inspection guys do create a lot of work for us but most are just glorified painters. If rope access is a route anyone is considering Then do your inspection tickets and you won`t go far wrong but you must be able to bore the thruppenny bits of anyone who will watch your crap videos, "we are not interested and you are all boring c()nts" ah feel better I got that out.

1989... thats the last cradle i did for sgb, great money on cradle moves.
easy work aswell....happy days.

Anyone heard of any work at soddem voe lately chaps ? As my pal tells me flotta on the Orkneys is the place to be though. ( and I did spell it wrong on purpose ) I've been away and just putting the feelers out ?

Sent from my P330X using Tapatalk

Ron Bland there's a name from the distant cradle past he was SGB Cradle Division Manager followed I think by Dave Higgins and Nicky Bray.

the might be some good rope access lads about but offshore!!! ive never met a decent one! all stuck up there own arses strutting about like kings!!

seem to go quiet in the smokers when the scaffs are in though hahaha

Done loads of rope cradles in the 80s when they where still legal ,
They where sound as long as the lads working in them understood the knots ,
And didn't try and be clever by lowering both sides at once .

Those were the days :bigsmile: Shackles, Stop Ends, Travelers etc
Standing on parapets pulling your gear up on light lines :eek:

Hahaha I remember walking along a 2ft wide ledge in the back of Bond st 60ft in the air to put sole boards under the Spurs of a build up ,
You could imagine the looks you would get these days :toung:

Yeah Alan I remember Dave Higgins

Sent from my P330X using Tapatalk

Top Bottom