Retirement age

Hey Bob I wasn't having a go at the older scaffs, so if that's how it looked I apologise. Maybe I should have put it like :
welcome to England:
you used to work 50 years to accumulate your state pension and that mounts up over those years.
Now some **** in a suit on 100k + a year says why not add another 10 years onto this. Before you can have what you have worked for all those years.
£100 a week over 10 years is 50,000 they have taken off you as each individual.
If some body took 50,000 out of your bank accounts would you be happy.

If people want to carry on after 65 fine. But this should be their own choice.

WHAT EXACTLY IS NI CONRIBUTIONS FOR.

Personally I'd sooner stop mine if I could and have it split into private health care and my own pension fund.

often tried to work that out to , as pay enough of it , dont think there be a pension when i get to 65 (if i make it)

**** that !!!!!!!!!!

More years Scaffolding love it.

Oldest scaffolder I have worked with 62. High rised pulling up 21" tubes etc. Put most youngsters to shame.

Mind you I'm on my way!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Ragscaff

How can they expect scaffolders to work to 70

Hi All

I dont know how they can expect people to work to 66 - 70, especially a Scaffolder as it is not the sort of job to do when your older.

Not sure how some of you guys manage to keep going beyond 45.

As far as I understand it if you cant work you still can't claim for benefits, if you have been cautious and saved more than £16,000.

Sometimes I wonder if it is worth working hard and saving for your old age, as they seem to take it off you in taxes or dont give any back.

Chris Eng

Footballers earn 200K plus a week because their profesional life span is supposed to sort!!

Why can't we earn 100K plus a week & all retire at 40??????????

We are more useful than most of them anyway!:confused::rolleyes:

Ragscaff

footballers earn 200k plus a week because their profesional life span is supposed to sort!!

Why can't we earn 100k plus a week & all retire at 40??????????

Ragscaff
we are today !!!!!!!!!

Footballers earn 200K plus a week because their profesional life span is supposed to sort!!

Why can't we earn 100K plus a week & all retire at 40??????????

Ragscaff
A few years ago we was working on a site next to the local team's training ground, Sky tv turn up and start filming crossbar challenge. As usual most of the shot's were going everywhere but the crossbar ! One of the scaff's used to play for them but never made it into the first team so he started scaffolding to put food on the table. He still knew all the player's and was having the craic with them from our vantage point on the scaffold, one of the player's invited him to do better. He accepted the challenge, climbed down the scaffold, through the fence and in full PPE pinged it straight off the crossbar ! Then just casually abused them as he made his way back, absolute class. We was pissing ourselves, was one of the funniest thing's ive ever seen, unfortunately it was never aired.

Hi All

I dont know how they can expect people to work to 66 - 70, especially a Scaffolder as it is not the sort of job to do when your older.

Not sure how some of you guys manage to keep going beyond 45.

As far as I understand it if you cant work you still can't claim for benefits, if you have been cautious and saved more than £16,000.

Sometimes I wonder if it is worth working hard and saving for your old age, as they seem to take it off you in taxes or dont give any back.

Chris Eng
According to a scale that solicitors use to work out future loss of earnings calculations called the Ogden tables, the realistic working life of a scaffolder is 55-58, if they are paying you money.According to the government its 66-whatever they choose, I think it should work in respect to what amount of nat ins you have paid in during your working life.

Looks like i will be pushing around trolleys in tesco carpark by the age of 60. because i cant see myself grafting anywhere past that.

Top Bottom