Question about brace stability

That's great Alan, it's always reassuring to hear these sort of queries answered by someone with your experience in these matters.
So to clarify the matter can we say that hitting the ground is just good practice and not a regulation?,i'm fed up pulling up the couple of gangs that are doing this and not really having any back up apart from saying it's how it should be done.

Other than following the work at height regs (which are law, legal requirement) 90% of everything else you do in scaffolding is not requirement but best practice, covered by standards and codes.

Hence TG = Technical Guidance, Guidance being the operative word. You are not required to follow the guidance but you would be silly not to.

"Standards are voluntary which means that there is no automatic legal obligation to apply them. However, laws and regulations may refer to standards and even make compliance with them compulsory."

Whatever you build that falls outside of "Best Practice" may be fine BUT.......
in the event something happens you will need to adequately defend why you did it differently to what may be considered "Best Practice"

What next no tubes butting the wall/building where the brace is !!!

Always hit the floor were i can. Your temp raker for kicking the job off hits the floor obviously, keeping the scaffold up and in place. So why woukdnt you put your normal raker to àthe ground. Each to there own i guess.

Top Bottom