PPE gloves

skeeno

Reaction score
I've been told I need to wear the gloves provided but soon as my hands warm up they itch unbearably & I have to take them off, so just don't bother generally even in winter when it's freezing . Does anybody have any experience or suggestions what I can do so I don't end up in trouble for not wearing the PPE provided?

Have you tried a barrier cream before work?
Might help with the itching. Maybe due to sweaty hands?

which type of glove are they are the the thicker type or the thin type the thin type gave me like dermatitus when they wet after getting hand wet in them a day or so later my hands would rash up and start peeling try a diffrent type of glive or sergical glover under neath butt hat wont help with sweating

They're only sweaty with the gloves on

Cos theres no air getting to them. Try cutting the fingers off the gloves just above the nail say, then you can still have protection to the hands and you can feel the bolts better, i've done it in the past and nothings been said.

They not a bit pricey to keep replacing mate, cos your employer should provide your gloves, and other ppe.

Good point Phil I'll check. They're the orange ones that everyone provides £1 a pair down the market, those ones

Then they are " Latex"

We use 50% cotton and 50% Polyester Leachs sell them for about 90p a pair

It wasn't until I wore gloves that I suffered similar symptoms which led to dermatitis. Sounds like it could be the onset of dermatitis which can be very painful, take years to recover from or maybe never at all. Tell your employer of your issues so he can try to source an appropriate glove. Or 'bless' just sensitive skin.

They not a bit pricey to keep replacing mate, cos your employer should provide your gloves, and other ppe.

Employers mostly purchase the cheap nasty ones.
If you want better, dip your hand in your pocket. Unless you get pally with the storeman.

Ha, be a nightmare if you was on a gas job, have to build a habitat round you eh.

I have eczema and the gloves only make it worse
when i started scaffolding it was all bare hands even in winter and im in scotland my hands were like leather with slidind tubes through them.
THEN I WENT TO THE INDUSTRIAL SITES AND HAD TO WEAR GLOVES:mad:
you can get cotton liner gloves which i find helps
IF YOU CANT BE ARSED **** ON YOUR HANDS BEFORE WORK
OLD SCHOOL;)

I've been told I need to wear the gloves provided but soon as my hands warm up they itch unbearably & I have to take them off, so just don't bother generally even in winter when it's freezing . Does anybody have any experience or suggestions what I can do so I don't end up in trouble for not wearing the PPE provided?

ppe is to help in risk reduction as you have a problem with the issued ppe go back to your boss nicely let them know it causes problems 2 of our guys have similar probs we bought powder free latex gloves for them
as the gloves generally prevent splinters the overall risk is minor risk reduction is there to be used where reasonably practicable and in your case the gloves arnt practicable for you

Top Bottom