Poll-- best training centre

Elaine was a tough but firm woman, I spoke to her a few weeks ago when she returned from Australia

Done mine with Roger Arthur (ex sgb) that was back in 97 , mick hussey was there but my uptake on him was an up your own ass sort of character

Elaine was sweet as a nut so long as you was on rite side ha

Fran the hands Michna

what a bloke he's at NETA at the moment , I remember when he was my harness inspector at Conoco. Lovely bloke.

Done all my tickets and assessments at NCC Bircham Newton....great laugh, good instructors, **** food, ok accommodation and a wicked student night done the town on a Wednesday! Couldn't have asked for a better time while going through **** no one shows you cos if they actually needed to show you, you were never going to make a scaff!

Thats the problem.. if no one shows you, and your taught by someone crap.. how do you know your doing the job correctly ?? course you need showing.. especially as a new starter... unless you pop outta your mum wearing a big ben.... LOL...

Thats the problem.. if no one shows you, and your taught by someone crap.. how do you know your doing the job correctly ?? course you need showing.. especially as a new starter... unless you pop outta your mum wearing a big ben.... LOL...

You can show some a million times and they still won't get it, others you show once and they think they know it all! Some are made to be scaffs and some aren't. A real scaff will know what should be done regardless of having a ticket or being shown the correct way. Like I say don't matter how they are shown, its who your showing that matters!

Last edited:
was at bircham on cecol course can i just say what a waste of time that was for me,just a personal opinion when i got back to the real world(site)i found myself the best qualified mug in the company lol.

was at bircham on cecol course can i just say what a waste of time that was for me,just a personal opinion when i got back to the real world(site)i found myself the best qualified mug in the company lol.

Cecol boys....now they are a comedy act in their own! Your right....I've seen a cecol lad qualified up to hill, ask my labourer to get a hammer and bolster. The labourer then questioned why he said the top course of that wall is in the way of our 1st lift ledger. Well I said we will lift the lift up 4 inches or break the scaffold in this lift. His reply....if the next lift has to run through how can this lift not run straight through? Hilarious! Also they seem to be the gobbiest little fcukers from across Britain! No offence meant to you celticbhoy but they should bin that method of training lol

lol i agree learned nowt but how to scrap in boozers in kingslynn,not all bad but me personally didnt like it.was so far behind the other lads when i returned to the real world.

The thanks is for making it very difficult to get in anywhere as they hated "bircham boys" I done my yts with 6 lads from hull, a Essex lad and a bristol boy and as soon as they spoke to a doorman we would refuwed entry. So being from Norfolk I has to do all the talking on the way in lol

lol,there were some very ruff doormen wernt there?had to attend the collage too and they hated us also all in all it was just not a good period for me,1st real time leaving home.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

your right again mate they always kept a real special welcome for us scottish lads,why was that?lol.

How can you be a " natural scaffolder " ? you have to be shown, yeh some will never get it, does everyone know weight loads, bay sizes, etc without being shown ? yes you learn the job on site, but without classroom training , just wait until something goes wrong and you've banged the wrong bay size, tie pattern etc and see how fast HSE **** you over... just my opinion,

How can you be a " natural scaffolder " ? you have to be shown, yeh some will never get it, does everyone know weight loads, bay sizes, etc without being shown ? yes you learn the job on site, but without classroom training , just wait until something goes wrong and you've banged the wrong bay size, tie pattern etc and see how fast HSE **** you over... just my opinion,

I agree you need to be taught all the technical but I was referring to the theoretical ability to erect a scaffold that is kind of natural as some just have it and some don't

I agree with that mate, worked with some right muppets... are they that **** ?? or clever... had one could'nt stand a long up, throw fittings, do **** all, then I'm thinking is he just lazy ?? and me jumping down every 10 min to sort gear out... the thick **** :nuts:

dont think i picked up much at all in the classroom,was taught the lot from scaffs in situe.think now there is a lot more emphise on the classroom as there is so much more litreature to learn,why did i listen more intently to scaffs on site rather than instructors???

dont think i picked up much at all in the classroom,was taught the lot from scaffs in situe.think now there is a lot more emphise on the classroom as there is so much more litreature to learn,why did i listen more intently to scaffs on site rather than instructors???

strange really as all the instructors are advanced scaffolders

wernt the instructors bubba was me mate,resented the fact that i had to do year down there when all my mates were getting on with it earning and learning,just young silly attitude mate.respected the instructors but just didnt want to be there.

NCC Birmingham, very good site with good instructors. And most importantly, a good canteen with cheap grub!

Top Bottom