Plettac, Layher and Scafom

Chris

Scaffom are at the old Boulton factory in the midlands, they do a copycat Cuplok system and copycat Layer, I think they also do a copcat Kwikform. Don't know if the systems have any kind of approvals but they do have adverts in the NASC yearbook!

Page Title

scafom made cuplok for SGB i have seen the prove in the midlands, plus there yard if still full of it all marked sgb. I have also ben to holland and spoke to the owner who showed me how he designed ringscaff to mix with layher and plettac. they are not a fancy company but the products are good and prices even better. i would recommend them.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

ive just become a member and tried to reply to as many issues as i could, my name is james and with my brother we are scaffolders . scafom helped us grow. if you have any doubts about scafom call them for a chat as they are good guys. i think you should try them especially if u want to save money, they save me around 12k on every 100k spent. as my old boy used to say the proof's in the pudding.

Could anyone tell me if the Plettac, Layher and Scafom systems can be mixed?
Yes they can be mixed, plettac have their system fully TUV (German Standards)certified to be mixed with Layher.
You wont get Layher advertising this though.

Watch out for Plettac gear sizes though as they have 1m, 1.5m, 2m ledgers etc aswell as the Layher sizes 1.09m, 1.57m etc.

Not sure if Scaffom have theirs certified to mix and match though.

yeah scafom can be mixed with layher and that is why scafom won against layher in there court case.Scafom is supposed to be even a little stronger than layher..Good old Tony that was at boultons..Does anyone know where Tony is now ?????

bet layer didnt like that , we use cuplock and kwikstage - whats the advantages with ringlock never had no experience with this stuff other than a layher stair tower !!
I know asp did a version that had transoms so that scaffold boards could be used

Plattac and Layer can be interchanged (although some of the bay sizes are slightly different) Scafom looks to be of the same ilk but i've never come accross it. I wouldn't like to say what the implications of mixing systems could be though i.e. different strengths of components etc. And I know if, god forbid, your job ever went tits up and you have mixed systems, no matter if you have followed designs and done everything to the letter. Plettac, Layer and Scafom would wash their hands of the matter mate. Be careful!!

bang on there collo,the minute the hse got their teeth into it you would be ripped to bits.i suppose it would be the same for cuplock and its cheaper copies,and the kwikstage immitations

whats the story then when cuplock queens mix tube and fitting into the mix?

I recently saw a chimney stack whereas the access tower was cuplock but the saddle was in tube and fitting, is this considered safe?

Done plenty of jobs mixing the two together and never had a prob. I also hate the 5hit, but for core work its the winner.

They also told me the same, i found out why when i bought a 4m standard nearly £5 cheaper from Scafom, Layher lied to me and its becasue scafom ringscaff is a better product and cheaper. i have been over to holland and a copy of the certification has been attached.

not my experience at all. in fact nothing could be further from the truth, as the genuine manufacturer for over 65 years why would they lie? I have seen with my own eyes the differences in fixing and quality between the 2, they are undeniable & Layher will only tell the truth and publish copies of the reports they make - why not ask them for a copy??
regarding the mixing approvals, yes they exsist, but it is Layher's mixing approval for the 2 versions of all-round which scaffom and others piggyback onto.

All mixing certs are only for 2 products and the current version of Layher K2000+ is still in patent, so you cannot mix this. The copy products can only be mixed with the old version of Layher - Provided that the 2 types of Layher are not already in use. Also if you look at ther Scaffom mixing approval - it ran out in June 2010 so it is out of date anyway.

In the UK there is no law stating mixability parameters.
This means, if you want to mix all and every system known to man....you can!
You can also mix system's with tube and fit.

What you need to do as a company is ask for the suppliers tracebility information. This proves as a company that you are trying to source decent quality items and that if there is a failure in the structure, the offending items can be found and traced back to supplier and batch.

The problem with the cheap copies is that the tracebility will be nil.

Scafom-rux for example are a manufacturer and so will have batch numbers and dates of production. This applies to all the manufacturers; layher, plettac etc.

Top Bottom