Pensions Public sector

I dont think its rong at all the way i see it is . If our employers would contribute to our pensions i would have 1, the fact of the matter is that as public sector workers they are tied by the same brush so if 1 invests in a pension the employer has to make contributions or its 1,000 the employer makes contributions and there the goverment so have to go by the book (the gov dont allways do but on this they have to ), what we dont have in construction is a enough support threw out the trades (the public sector employs millions more than any other private employer in the uk)to have every employer have a pension option. Force companies to contribute to pensions how many employers on the forum pay contributions for the lads pension if they even offer it to them?
They do there work like we do our work the only diffrence is the public sector is united with the likes of unite and other unions and threw this they fight for what the want. We dont have that so i think its maby a case of the green eyed monster and not only that we should be standing with every other construction trade together not indivudually not as a scaffolder not as a brickie not as a sparky but as an industrie ......the construction industry and untill we can do this stick 1/4 ya wage under the mattress b

You may be right marra. We have to offer a pension by law but any new private pension being taken out for the past couple of years is hardly worth the paper it's written on and a simple stock's and shares ISA would give you a better return especially if you were lucky enough to get into the government backed gilts.:eek:

There was a lot of talk a year or two back that not enough were taking up the offer of a pension as they were so poor and they were going to remove the choice from the individual and make everyone have some sort of works pension regardless if they wanted it or not. I suspect the recession had an impact on this as it disappeared off my radar anyway never to be heard off again.

The long and the short of it marra, if you want a pension just ask your gaffer as he is legally obliged to get you one.

i agree with jb
I live in a cul de sac of 24 houses, i go to work evrey day and the air in my car is blue. i drive past 19 houses with thier sky tv, half decent cars, 6+ kids, with snot dribbling from thier noses.
5 House holds in my street work. it cost the average tax payer £200.00 a year for thease lazy ******** to stay at home. £200.00 i could do with for my hard earned holiday.
One guy couldnt work because he needed an operation on his nuts. the day came for the operation and what did he do??? go and watch a sunday league football match.
Not only was that a waste of our money, some poor sod could have taken his place. he still has not had the operation and is still not working, yet can still bash kids out left right and centre. (More Family Allowance). Then they say there no jobs, (Close the Borders) This little island will sink soon. Great Britain we are called, Please tell me whats Great about it. We are fast becoming America's little bitch

scaff1989 your bang on mate.theres no point moaning about what somebody else has never mind bringing them down to our level,which for about 90% is wouldnt apply as their pay on the whole is pretty **** why dont we the construction industry building trade etc get our act together and have a fair rate of pay and good conditions along with a contribution based pension.

I know from personal expriences about the public sector cuts.
Here it is form my point of veiw .
Every 1 in the public sector has been placed in to families under respponsabilities from non what so ever to life and death and everything inbetween
and to these job families has been asigned a pay plus of minus 2-4,000 eg just with our lass as a social worker its between 24-27,000
and all her resbonsabilities are in the job family above meaning 27-30,000 she is curently on about 29,995 and as of september been droped to 27,000 her resbonsabilites that are coverd in her new job family if she was to work to them she would be leaving clients with serious disabilities mental health the like of wheel chair bound individuals and alsymers sufferers at risk and so there for the care and responasbilities need to care for these clients is in job family above her new job family and they have been told that they should be doing all this for the love of the job, (the liove of the job dont pay the bills mr cameron not that you would know anything about tha after your inheretance of family fortunes) its the equvilent of been and advanced scaffolder and been on part 2 wages and been told to take the responsabilities of an advance and a basic scaffolder on a trainnee wage and been told to take responsabilities of a basic scaffolder ...you get the drift. Our lass loves her job were she is now, the way she has got to were she is now is she has worked in the job for the last 10/12 years making a pay rise yearly and moving jobs and nogotation her wage on her experience but ans has worked her way uo from around 20,000 newly qullified to her wage now after 10 years, but what has happend with the job families is they have dropped the wages of the exprienced worker by 2-3,000 and put up the wages of the newly qulified workes up by 3,000-5,000 with no exprience? Makr my words its onyl a matter of time untill there is another baby p insident with all the cuts to policing social services and the health care mind you baby p was down to the doctor he was the last 1 to see him and failed in his duty of care. Not the social worker or the police. So rember were there quantity you lack quallity and its only a matter of ime b4 and inexprienced public sector worker put the live of a vunrable client at risk ither by neglianse or the fact its not my responsabilitiey and beleiev em we have all said well its not my responsabilities but the fact of the matter is its every 1's onvolved weather it be a bbay in care of the loose ladder on the job that you climbed down and walked away from

Top Bottom