pasma training

I can see it coming,you will need a card to put your spanners,hard hat,vis and boots on.
(don't tell N.A.S.C.)

Well they check dates on helmets some sites so not far off

your not wrong there,its getting worserer,thats worser than worse?

We've been on jobs for Railtrack and the H&S bloke wouldn't let an advanced scaffolder put a tower up because he didn't have a PASMA ticket.

I was always under the impression that you couldn't put an alloy tower up without a separate ticket (PASMA)

I appreciate what Simian said about the working at height regs and about someone being able to put a tower up if they are deemed quailified/suitable. The thing is god forbid if an accident happened with an alloy tower a part 2 scaffolder had erected and he didn't have a PASMA ticket. I would put money the HSE would forget about the working at height regs and go for his blood in court

Yes your doubt is absolutely correct, pasma training course is needed to erect alloy towers. Few times ago I also had the same question but I found it from Boss Training.

Gentlemen Pasma training is always recommended for tower erectors as it ticks all the boxes for site and legalities

do you also give them training on pull test rigs,otherwise you are not allowed to tie a tower in with a part 2 card !

so you need to correct saying that pasma tickets ticks all the boxes,it simply doesnt and if you go on site,
build a tower then pull test your ties on a pasma card without the pull test certification you can be done by the courts for not having the relevant qualifications,

its a false and misleading statement by simian,

a Pasma ticket DOES NOT tick all the boxes for erection of towers on site and legalities,

very irresponsible of a training provider to make this statement,especially after the recent threads and his own admissions !

Last edited:
I love the fact that we are not allowed to put up these things, I've never liked them. The tie thing Joe is another matter as the one time I did have to tie one in back in the day it was alloy fittings that were used so the pull test training might not hold water and most of these towers that I have seen are not tied in anyway but rakered. During a discussion with a trainer, he actually offered to send me certificates for all my boys for free without doing any training, that's the relevance even these guys place on this training and I still didn't want it.

does a part 2 scaffolder need pasma training course to erect alloy towers?
<br />
<br />
Yes your doubt is absolutely correct, pasma training course is needed to erect alloy towers. Few times ago I also had the same question but I found it from <font color="Red">Boss Training</font>.
Do you work for Boss training by any chance? :laugh:

agree wit the rakers aom but these are increasingly used as independants for painting,caulking windows etc etc,they do need tying in at some point and for simian to say its all you need after everything discussed is outrageous or incompetent !

I think he was just trying to tell us what others would expect to see should it go wrong Joe, and what they would use as a hammer to beat you round the head with. It doesn't mean it's right or sensible thats what first coined the saying the law is an ass.

sorry aom,pasma training does not tick all the boxes on site and legalities,this bloke is representing his company on here as a training provider,if he gives misleading or wrong advice i and other blokes should nail him to the wall for it,why,because its simply wrong,you need a pull test certification to totally cover you in regards to the "legalities on site"with a pasma ticket,its black and white mate!

Fair enough Joe, I always thought the pasma training was enough but I have never done it or even looked into it.

Simian, apologies if I have mis-read or misunderstood your posts but I'm seeing two different answers.

Your first response was

Under the work at height regs yes.

Then later on in the thread you replied

Build what you like when you like for me but always think if it goes wrong that's when the questions will be asked.

Then later on

Gentlemen Pasma training is always recommended for tower erectors as it ticks all the boxes for site and legalities

I'm not picking fault with any of your statements but there are a lot of people in here that look toward training companies (like yourselves and others in the forum) for definitive answers on grey areas such as this.

Last edited:
Ok Ill clear this up, Pasma for users covers towers, advanced Pasma covers other structures as in cantilevers and beams. I refer to the one day tower course we all see on site and it's a one day course for painters and other trades. Most main contractors favour Pasma but companies also do a lightweight tower course. Pasma is a brand and the law requires training it does not stipulate a brand.

Still murky to me,what about ties for pasma,they are not legally covered in pasma courses so you are legally not allowed to tie a pasma scaffold in

am i wrong ?

Top Bottom