part 1 bother...

JayH

Reaction score
I recently took my part 1 scaffolding course after 18 month of working... I work for a construction company who have loads of trades.. im in the middle of doing my work based evidence portfolio.. the firm did pay for my course as I have other qualifications... I havent got my card yet but want to get it quickly as I plan on going elsewhere to gain more experience.... is their anyway I can get it quicker? Im a qualified plasterer too but hate it and want to further my scaffolding career.. jus need to get the card and get out their. Any advice would be great cheers...

I recently took my part 1 scaffolding course after 18 month of working... I work for a construction company who have loads of trades.. im in the middle of doing my work based evidence portfolio.. the firm did pay for my course as I have other qualifications... I havent got my card yet but want to get it quickly as I plan on going elsewhere to gain more experience.... is their anyway I can get it quicker? Im a qualified plasterer too but hate it and want to further my scaffolding career.. jus need to get the card and get out their. Any advice would be great cheers...

You could have applied for your card as soon as you got your certificate for the part 1. Is your card maybe sitting in the office?

The training provider mate it out as if I couldn't apply for it until Id finished my work based evidence?

Nah. If you have completed your part 1 then you can apply for your own trainee card. Download the form from the cisrs website and away you go. They will want proof of your health and safety touch screen test.

Wow serious? Training2000 said I cant have my card until I hand in my work based evidence file showing photos of me working ect

Are you just looking for your trainee card?

You won't be able to get a part 2 card until you complete that portfolio and then do your assessment.

Don't take my word for anything. I also suspect that you have maybe misunderstood what your training provider told you. Get on the cisrs website and find out for yourself.

Let me know what happens.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

One word of warning though. I would consider very carefully before jumping ship from an employer willing to invest in your training.

Yeah just a part 1 card mate. I wonder if training 2000 meant I cant have my "fully qualified" card until ive done my portfolio ect. Just been on the cisrs website and looked at the app forms their doesnt seem to be ant strict asks just a signature of the employer.

yeah I usually wouldnt mate its just I dont feel like going anywhere. Thwyre sending me doing other jobs nothing to do with scaffolding and I jus want to learn as much as I can and be as good as I can be and here in learning nothing. Thanks for advice ill search it out tuesday and let you know thanks

No worries. You will have year's and loads of opportunities to gain the right experience. You may only ever meet 1 employer willing to invest in your training.

Either way, good luck.

Plenty of firms out there after part 1 scaffs
some will even put you through part 2 and sort your cards out
where are you based?

Managed to sit down and sort stuff out with current company and weve agreed on me staying and completing my training! Cheers for the advice chaps

Top Bottom