Part 1 advice!

Tower.inderpendant.birdcage.class work.and bit of scaffolding on your own to a drawing.Well that was 10 year back and other people I know say it is the same now .load of bollox really .

If you can write your name you will pass simple as that !!

I think you might find it to be a bit different now. The way I hear it, CISRS has introduced a new enhanced course now for the part1. You still start with the 2 bay 1 lift independent, but you now follow that up with the same job erected using double enders. You also do an aluminium mobile tower and an inspection session, with test. There are other changes like the TG20 compliant birdcage and the fact that there is a pass fail element to the final practical assessment. More changes are about to be introduced for the part 2 and advanced.

I watched films on my course, pub lunches etc with the legendary Pete watts as an instructor had a blast mate enjoy it you can't fail

does that mean more costs for the courses?

Not as yet, but if the costs go up then inevitably they will be passed on to the customer, namely you.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I watched films on my course, pub lunches etc with the legendary Pete watts as an instructor had a blast mate enjoy it you can't fail

Probably the best reason I have seen yet for the changes to be introduced.

Not as yet, but if the costs go up then inevitably they will be passed on to the customer, namely you.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Probably the best reason I have seen yet for the changes to be introduced.

This was when it was a 3 week course yes we did scaffolding but it was 11 years ago so can't remember what we built I'm just empathising how easy it was mate

Hi guys

I'm booked on my pt1 soon also. Is it hard?

I've been on spanner about 1yr

Hi guys

I'm booked on my pt1 soon also. Is it hard?

I've been on spanner about 1yr

Its rock hard mate.....you need an engineering degree first, then you need to be able to wolf whistle and drink 10 pints of ale. Once this is acheived then your ready for your part 1 :nuts::nuts:.

Its easy lad.....you'll breeze thro it, all the best.

Its rock hard mate.....you need an engineering degree first, then you need to be able to wolf whistle and drink 10 pints of ale. Once this is acheived then your ready for your part 1 :nuts::nuts:.

Its easy lad.....you'll breeze thro it, all the best.

I'm 2/3 of way there! 👍

Part1

Got mine this month . Is it difficult to pass? Been on spanner doing basics, handrails, toe boards, etc..

Advice......once you pass dont try and be the big i am like some cuunts on here, not mentioning any names " BIGDOGBARKS ".

Top Bottom